OT Hard boiled egg??
cinder44 posted:
We have some eggs that I hard boiled the week before Easter & the date on the package for the eggs is May 2nd. Are the eggs still ok to make deviled eggs with or should I just toss them? They've been hanging around b/c we were sick over Easter & haven't had time to make them. (where's the embarrassed icon)

abbygailsmom1 responded:
Did you get them in the fridge within a few hours of making them? If you did, I would say they would be fine to make deviled eggs. If not, I would toss them just to be safe.

I used mine that we colored as a table decoration. We threw them out later.

curleysue1968 responded:
In situations like that I or DH would eat them but I wouldn't take the chance of getting the kids sick. I agree with the refrig part from PP.

cinder44 replied to curleysue1968's response:
they were not used as decorations & were put in the fridge right away.

HayleesMom2007 responded:
I was actually wondering this very same thing this morning considering I still have a whole dozen in my fridge. They were boiled and put right into the fridge so I was pretty sure they were OK but that is going to 2 weeks now. I had a horrible case of food poisoning over Easter from bad fish on Good Friday so I am a little more timid with food now. I could really go for some egg salad thou.

steckie98 responded:
If the expiration is May 2nd and they have been refrigerated the whole time, there isn't a reason they wouldn't be still fresh.

sarah0323 responded:
lurking...Hard boiled eggs should be consumed within 1 week of boiling. Personally I would trash them.

While salmonella is destroyed in properly prepared hard-cooked eggs, after cooking, spoilage can occur more quickly than in fresh shell eggs. Cool hard-cooked eggs quickly after cooking, refrigerate them in their shells promptly after cooling, and use them within one week.
Source: America Egg Board

cinder44 replied to sarah0323's response:
Thanks Sarah! I had my doubts & wasn't sure but now I'm dumping them. :)