Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Toddler not Wanting Real Dood
abbeyln posted:
My grandson, 2 1/2 will only eat baby food. He will eat junk, potatoe chips, cookies, chocolate, crackers, pretzels. And he will eat pancakes, waffles and cereal. When it comes to regular table food he spits it out or gags. We have tried many ways of giving him table food and disguising it but once it is in his mouth he spits it out most times. He does not even chew. The other day we gave him cheesy potatoes and he actually gagged and spit up. He was diagnosed with autism and one time but that diagnosis was wrong, he went to the Cleveland Autistic Center and they tested him. His pediatrition believes he has a behavioral issue and possibly some type of spectrum disorder. He has always had a issue with texture, we cannot even get him to eat mashed potatoes, whipping cream, pudding, cake, popcicles and other items. Any suggestions. We are currently waiting to take him to another center for testing but the poor little guy needs to gain some weight and needs to eat some food. Thanks.

abbygailsmom1 responded:
You have recieved several responses on the other post.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined the WebMD boards back when I was TTC in 2004. I had my son in May 2005 and the boards have been valuable with the wealth of information durin...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.