Skip to content
just curious...poll about work
Boogie1975 posted:
Just bored....

1. How old are your DC?

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home?

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job?

4. What hours do you work?

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have?

6. What hours does your DH/SO work?

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Boogie1975 responded:
1. How old are your DC? DS is 6 and DD is 2

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? work outside the home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? social work for children/adolescents & adults with severe mental illness.

4. What hours do you work? M-F 8am-5pm

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? he is a truck driver

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? M-F; 6:30am-8:30pm

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? thinkin' about becoming a teacher....

ShayKTen responded:
1. How old are your DC? 3.5 and 18mnths

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? team lead for insurance company

4. What hours do you work? normally 8-4:15/ 5 days a week

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? production/ service for turbine company

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? 2:30-11pm

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? yes, and EMT besides the crappy hours lol
Shayla(25), DH(32), Rylie Kay(3), Reagan(18mnths)

mrv77 responded:
1. How old are your DC? DD is 3

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? I work outside the home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? I'm a bookkeeper

4. What hours do you work? 8:30-5:00 and during tax season its 24/7

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He is a transportation planner

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? 9:00-6:00

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? I like what I do its stressful during tax season and sometimes people get on my nerves when I'm PMS'ing. But overall its a nice place to work at.
Me(30ish) DD (3)

cyn22mull responded:
1. How old are your DC? 2

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Work outside the home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? QA Analyst - currently for a retail company testing register software

4. What hours do you work? Usually 7:30 to 4:30

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He works in a warehouse/distribution center

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? 6am - 2pm

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? I actually really enjoy my job, but would love the chance to try out being a SAHM
Cindy(34) DH (38) DS Christopher 2 25.2lbs and 33 1/4 inches

Momma2Ethan responded:
1. How old are your DC? Ethan will be 2 next month

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Work outside of home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? Bank teller

4. What hours do you work? 8-4:30 M-T and til 6 on Fridays

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? Steel mill worker

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? Night from 8p-til he gets finished. Usually by 6a

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? No, I love my job!
Me(27) DH(26) DS (23m) 8.19.08

FarmWife1979 responded:
1. How old are your DC? 2.5 yr old DD

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Outside the home.

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? Auditor for hospital and doctor's contracts with a major health insurance co

4. What hours do you work? 8-4 M-F

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? Self-employed farmer and agricultural based website sales

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? Self-employed, 24/7/365 pretty much

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? When someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up - this wasn't it. But it works for me for now. Not really all that picky - what pays the bills and keeps us covered insurance wise is what matters. I'd love a job working with history - museums, archaeology, etc but there's not enough money in it without having to teach/publish - and I hate teaching and writing.
Holly (31) DH (37) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

LittleTandMe responded:
1. How old are your DC? almost 3

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? work outside of the home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? I am a medical coder

4. What hours do you work? 8 to 4:30

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? Army

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? right now, 7-3

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? I had thought at one point about getting my Masters in Information Science, and being a librarian. I might one day. Also, archaeology is interesting to me.
Me, DS Tristan, almost 3.

jlc78 responded:
1. How old are your DC? DS is 3. DD is 22 months.

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Work outside of the home 4 morning a week.

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? CPA working as a financial analyst at a hospital

4. What hours do you work? Tues - Fri, 8am to 1pm (20 hours).

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? DH is a insurance adjuster

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? Mon-Fri, 9 to 5:30

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? Nope. Love my job. Great pay and lots of flexibility. Someone ALWAYS needs an accountant!
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

staceyj0709 responded:

1. How old are your DC? 3 & 7 months.

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Work outside the home.

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? Just graduated with my bachelor's and got a job working at a community mental health center.

4. What hours do you work? I work part-time right now, 20 hours a week in the mornings. However, I am seeking a better job with 40 hours.

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He is a crisis counselor at a different community mental health center.

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? He works overnights.

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? Still exploring what I want to do with my life. I know I don't want to do this *job* but the general occupational field might be right.

mlgbears31 responded:
1. How old are your DC? 2, almost 3

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? I work for an IRB. An IRB makes sure people in clinical drug or device trials are protected. Basically, we are the government but are paid by the hospital.

4. What hours do you work? M-Th 6-ish to 4:30-ish

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He doesn't have one, nor does he live here.

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? None.

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? I have it pretty good at my job, but I'm thinking of going for my masters in toxicology once we get moved. My dream job would be to own and operate a horse training facility. Need to go buy a lotto ticket, I guess!

katieb426 responded:
1. How old are your DC? 7, 5 /2, 4, and 2 next month

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? SAHM

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job?

4. What hours do you work?

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He's a truck driver/farmer/feedyard manager

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? usually 5am-3pm M-F and then every other weekend with varying hours

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? Nope. I love my job! :)
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (22months)

mtlmayhem responded:
good poll!!

1. How old are your DC? DS1 is 23 months and DS2 is to be born in September!

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? Work outside the home

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? Corporate Paralegal

4. What hours do you work? M-F, 9-5 which are pretty flexible if need be with an hour and a half lunch. (and I can login to my cpu from home) how... efficient of my boss...

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He works in a cold storage warehouse- basically they store and distribute everything that is in every frozen section of the groceries! (mmm cookie dough ice cream!)

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? 630- 330 Id work those hours too if I could!! But how many people would call my office at 630am?

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? Id finish my schooling for teaching or if I were any better with science Id love to be a nurse...

proudmom0331 responded:
1. How old are your DC? 2

2. Are you a SAHM or do you work outside of the home? both plus a student

3. If you work outside of the home, what is your job? "full time" student, but still home with DD a lot and also a Mental Health Technician in the Air Force Reserves.

4. What hours do you work? this semster (one week left yay!!) is only mon- wed 10-2:40 but next semster I'll be in class M- F :( all day long. Reserve time is one weekend a month and a two week tour once a year.

5. What type of job does your DH/SO have? He's a weather forcaster in the Air Force

6. What hours does your DH/SO work? this month he's on nights, so 10:30-6:30. They rotate every month to a different shift.

7. Would you rather have a different occupation? If, so what? I am a pre-radiology major and I'm applying for the radiology tech program this winter. I'm also applying for the nursing and respiratory therapy programs as backup because DH's in the military I'm on a time constraint to finish school here. My absolute dream job would be a vet tech though... just not enough money in it.
me (25) dh (27) dd (2)

mrsbeasley123 responded:
1. DD1=just turned 4, DD2= 27mths

2. SAHM - Soon to be a WAHM. (trying to start my own home bakery.)

3. I was an Administrative Legal Assistant for 12 years. The Atty I worked for sold his practice, leaving me unemployed since January. I use to bring dd2 to work with me!!

4. SAHM = LOL, 24hr hardest job I've ever had, even when I worked 3 jobs at the same time. When I worked for the Atty, 8:30-5:00

5. Finatial Advisor at a Bank.

6. Veries, mostly 8:30-6:00

7. I did, now I'm trying out what I really want to do, Bake! I have 3 jobs I'ld love to do from home: Bake, Photography and I want to teach a baby/toddler Signing Time class! Right now I'm going for the baking.
Me (30), DH (32), dd1 (3) and dd2 (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother to 3 wonderful boys. Doug, Aaron and Josh are the lights of my life. Aaron and Josh are our miracles. After we had Doug we were told w...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.