Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No way
linzuh04 posted:
It cant be possible. Did DD actually LEARN something from her actions?! I couldnt believe my ears.

She's been wearing glasses since....ummm...February I think.....

Usually she's pretty good about keeping them on, but we have to remind her 100 times a day to leave them on, get them off the ground, etc. Well, for the past month, she has absolutely refused to wear them, she takes them off and tries to break them when she gets mad, and it's just a fight to get them on her every morning. When we wake up, we eat breakfast go potty, and get dressed, which includes glasses, and as soon as I pull them off, she runs off screaming, so I say "Do you wanna do this the hard way or the easy way?" which I assumed she didnt hear in the first place over the high pitched screaming, and me chasing her around tables, tackling her, making her sit down and forcing them on her face. (That sounds alot worse than it really is....but not the screaming and chasing part ;).....I'm still young...I'm pretty fast).

Today I grabbed her glasses and said "Can you put your glasses on for me?" and she said "Yes....I dont wanna do this the hard way"

THANK GOD because I worked out yesterday and i am sore all over and I'm NOT in the mood to chase her down today. She's DEFINITELY getting a reward for this.
ME (20s) DH (pushing 30) DD(2006) DS (2008)

FarmWife1979 responded:
Yay! Maybe she's getting it!
Holly (31) DH (37) DD (2.5 - born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

cinder44 responded:
That's great! Maybe she's finally getting it!
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

VicsEandJ responded:
CONGRATULATIONS!
It's so nice to hear that they ARE actually listening!!

When I took my nieces bikini shopping last summer, they kept saying to each other that they couldn't get certain suits because their mom would not let them wear it for various reasons. They ended up with two nice, age appropriate suits- I never said a word because I was just going to give my sister the receipt in case she objected to their choices.

I told my sister, who was living it up on vacation in Vegas with her son at the time, how they decided based upon what they knew she would let them have and what she would disapprove of- she was SHOCKED beucase she swears they comepletely ignore her! She was also shocked because they worked together, instead of fighting which is all they do at home!
Me (41), DH, DS (3), DD (1 1/2)

MommyLuvs02 responded:
Thats wonderfful!! Yes, definately reward her, that's something you don't want to slip away!!!! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, Im Carol, Mom of 5 wonderful kids: Douglas 12, Veronica 10, Leanna 7(all 3 straight A students), Chelsea 5 (starting Kindergarten soon), and Da...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.