Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Preggo update! :)
AmieN1 posted:
See my 1st post for background info! :)

So I took another test yesterday at lunchtime (had peed only an hour prior) and it came back + super fast and even darker than the test I took sunday am. Called my nurse (I talked to her every week during my whole miscarriage mess, so it was nice to talk to her again!) and had blood drawn yesterday afternoon.

Just got results! Hcg = 17,563! She said that number means about 6-8 weeks. I was thinking about 6 based of my last real period. I have an ultrasound scheduled for monday morning! Wish us luck- we want ~heartbeat~ vibes! :)

Nurse said the bleeding that I thought was my period could have been implantation bleeding or irritation from sex. She also said my zyrtec cocktail is okay- but to try not to take it if I can get away with it.

Thanks so much for your congrats and prayers ladies!

Oh yeah- nothing on FB please! :)
Amie- 29 Dental Hygienist: mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Union Manager!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

proudmom0331 responded:
Congrats!!!
me (25) dh (27) dd (2)

megmoo78 responded:
Some big {{{heartbeat vibes}}} coming your way. :)
Megan, DH,1DD 2DSs

abbygailsmom1 responded:
Holy cow Amie! Those numbers are HUGE! I know there is a huge range in HCG numbers. Mine were right under 3,000 at 5 weeks 4 days!
Me (30) DH (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) Baby 3 EDD 1/25/11

AmieN1 replied to abbygailsmom1's response:
really? would that mean twins? EEK! :) We're hoping for ONE heartbeat- but two would just be crazy!
Amie- 29 Dental Hygienist: mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Union Manager!

mrv77 responded:
Congrats!!!!
Me(30ish) DD (3)

emily8091457 responded:
Wow!!! That's fantastic, Amie! Congratulations!! Sending lots of healthy baby and hb vibes your way!!! :)
Me(30)DH(31) DD1-Ilse (3/17/08) DD2-Anya (3/19/10)

cinder44 replied to AmieN1's response:
It could be! That would be crazy!

{{{{{{{{{Heartbeat vibes}}}}}}}}} coming your way!!

Congrats!!!
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

3boysmom1981 responded:
Congrats! How exciting!!
Me, DH and our 3 boys (5, 2.5, and 11mo)

curleysue1968 replied to 3boysmom1981's response:
Congrats!

steckie98 responded:
Congratulations Amie! Wishing you all the best!
Carrie (32), DH-Jason (36), DS-Ashton (3)

Momma2Ethan responded:
Congrats Amie! {{{strong heartbeat vibes}}}
Me(27) DH(26) DS (23m) 8.19.08

emily8091457 responded:
That IS a huge number! With Anya, my first draw was like 50 or something... of course that was at like not quite 4 weeks... but still. I don't think at 6 weeks it would be the number you got! :)
Me(30)DH(31) DD1-Ilse (3/17/08) DD2-Anya (3/19/10)

mckenzien18 replied to emily8091457's response:
Congrats! Since I google everything I found this...

In general, the HCG level will double every 2-3 days in early pregnancy.
85% of normal pregnancies will have the HCG level double every 72 hours.
HCG levels peak at about 8-10 weeks of pregnancy and then decline, remaining at lower levels for the rest of the pregnancy.

& also HCG levels aren't any higher with twins, but statistics show that girl's typically have higher hcg levels - so maybe it's a girl! :)
Me - 23, DS Cameron - 2, DD Brooklynne born an angel 1-5-09. I'm a single mom and I love it!

mommytoaddi replied to mckenzien18's response:
Congrats!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 27 year old Canadian mom of 1. DH and I have been married for 3 years in June. I work full-time as a geologist, and my DH is a survey tech a...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.