Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where's everyone from?!
megbrubaker posted:
Just since I am "new" to this board I was just wondering where everyone was located and if you are having this crazy heat wave like we are having!

I'm from Northern Indiana!!! Grew up in Fort Wayne, now live in Warsaw!
Megan (25), Nick (29), Boston Dean (5/16/2008) & Harper Raye (6/3/2010)

linzuh04 responded:
LOL it's on the right under discussions...."Where's everyone from"
ME (20s) DH (pushing 30) DD(2006) DS (2008)

VicsEandJ responded:
I live in NYC, but grew up in Washington, DC.

It has been terribly hot here- we've had almost 30 days over 90 degrees. If we get 40-which it seems is likely- it will be a record for the city.

I hate hot weather- DC is built on a swamp so it was alwsy hot and humid- so I try not to visit family there in the summer- I invite them to come to see me.

:-)
Vickie
Me (41), DH, DS (3), DD (1 1/2)

Jen_FLMom responded:
I'm from the Tampa Bay area, FL. Lived here all my life and it is ALWAYS hot!!! :)
Jen-26 DH-24 DD born 6/2008

MamaOfDylan responded:
I am from Frederick Maryland. Used to be a small farm town and now is the 2nd biggest city in MD (1st is Baltimore). I have lived here all my life except for a 10 month stint in Panama City Florida w/ my ex-husband.

Frederick is one of those places that no matter how much you complain about it and want to get out....it sucks you in. LOL

LittleTandMe responded:
I grew up in Georgia, but now I live in Alabama. We aren't really having a heat wave, 99 is our usual for this time of year, LOL. We only have two seasons - 10 months of warm/hot weather, and 2 months of not-summer.

Just looked, it is *only* 90 right now, feels like 97. But the humidity is only 65% today, which is lower than usual. Ah, walking outside is like stepping into a brightly lit sauna.
Me, DS Tristan, almost 3.

KC_94920 responded:
I was born in Georgia, raised in Phoenix and now live minutes from San Francisco.

Sadly, no heat for us and I think we are in the only place in the country that is not having a warm summer. This is the coldest summer I've experienced since moving her 10 years ago. Yesterday we might have hit 60 but the fog never cleared and we haven't seen the sun for more than an hour or two a day in weeks. It's so sad that the kids and I are heading to the lake for the rest of the month just to get a piece of real summer before they go back to school!
KC (30something), DH (40something), DD1 (7.5), DS (5) and DD2 (26months).

jnamom81 responded:
I live in Central IL. Its so HOT here. This whole week will be in the 100's with the heat index. Im orginally from FL. I hate hot hot but I would rather have heat then WINTER! Hate the cold more!

Robyn0103 responded:
I am in Springfield Mo.....it is HOT here also!

bethb1974 replied to jnamom81's response:
I am live in Peoria IL. It is hot this year. We had been having mild summers, but this year it has been bad.

ShayKTen responded:
Im from CO - born and raised. Its been very hot here this summer as well which is nice since last summer was a rip off with the cooler weather
Shayla(25), DH(32), Rylie Kay(3), Reagan(18mnths)

jnamom81 replied to bethb1974's response:
Yep I live about 45min from Peoria! I work In Bloomington-Normal! It has been bad.

simerlm responded:
I'm from Warsaw, IN too! Did you move? I thought you were living somewhere else. Your little girl is soooo cute in your profile picture. What a little doll!
Misty (30!) DH (32) Handsome DS (9) Beautiful DD1 (7) Pretty preemie DD2 (2)

attleysmom responded:
I'm from Nebraska. It is hot here but not too unusual for August. The last 5 days have been the worst though temps in the 90s, heat index 105 . It is supposed to cool down back to the 80s this weekend and I hope it does.

ryanandleigh responded:
Well I live in San Antonio, TX. (Not from here originally) It is hot - high 90's right now but it is sure "cooler" than last summer where we had 45 days above 100. This summer we haven't hit over 100 at all.
Leigh, Jacen (5), Alexa (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of 3 beautiful children ages 16,14, and 2. Hoping to add one more to that list soon. I am the bookeeper for our family farm and a stay...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.