Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
worst day ever
im4shoes77 posted:
So my day started out normal, about 11am my Dad called me, as I was on the phone I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water, suddenly I hear the dog yelp. I kida hollar into the L/R to DS asking what happened and he comes in to the kitchen with his face bleeding. I wipe him up and realize he probably needs a stich or 2.

almost 2 hours in the ER for the Dr to subscribe so Anti-biotics and tell me to come back tomorrow.

Then at 9:00 i get a phone call from the sheriffs office becasue all dog bites have to be reported, so a cop comes down, now I have to take him to the vet 3 times in the next 10 days and we absolutly Cannot afford it. So in the morning I have to call the local vet to work something out. The worst part is this is the 2nd time it's happened so I am afraid they will make put the dog down.

to top it off I was talking ot my Mom on the way to the ER and DS over heard me say something and he started BAWLING that he didn't want his Puppy to leave, He LOVES him. It Broke my heart.

So I have been sick to my stomache all day, then put icing on the cake I saw a snake in my house tonight. I really just wanted to crawl in a hole.

DH is sleeping in the bedroom with DS while I keep getting up and down because I can't sleep. I am always the one that has to deal with all of this and DH just shrugs it off.

Ok time to try bed once again.
Heather (32) DH (36) DS (3) we have made through the terrible 2's but 3 isn't looking so hot!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
(((Hugs))) Sorry you had such a bad day. The snake in the house would have been enough to send me running away! Hope things get better.
Amy 30 DH 28 Arianna born 3/5/08. TTC 2 with PCOS.

curleysue1968 responded:
(((HUGS))) I am sure the vet will let you make payments or work it out. Hope today is a better day!

megmoo78 responded:
(((HUGS))) I'm sorry your day was so bad.
Megan, DH,1DD 2DSs

linzuh04 responded:
((hugs)).....I'm so sorry. DD just got bitten by our dog in June and she has a scar on her face. I just wish dogs and toddlers could have some kind of mutual understanding.
ME (20s) DH (pushing 30) DD(2006) DS (2008)

jlc78 responded:
(((Hugs))). Hope you were able to get a little sleep.
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

im4shoes77 replied to jlc78's response:
I agree Linz I asked DS what happened he says, I tackled Puppy!
Heather (32) DH (36) DS (3) we have made through the terrible 2's but 3 isn't looking so hot!

j9ween2 responded:
so sorry. I can't imagine having to lose one of my dogs. I hope it all works out

mrv77 responded:
(((Hugs))) I am so sorry I agree w/ Sue I am sure the Vet will make a payment plan. I hope you have a better day. We are all here for you.
Me(30ish) DD (3)

Shena1981 replied to mrv77's response:
I"m sorry and I hope that DS is ok. I really hope you don't have to put him down. IT wasn't a vicious attack, but perhaps you should think about having someone like your mom take him until DS is older. He obviously can't deal with a toddler and if it happens again it could be much worse. I just don't think it's fair to the dog.

JMHO
Mom, Dad and Kidlet

3boysmom1981 replied to Shena1981's response:
I'm glad your DS is ok, but I have to say that I do agree with Shena. If this was the first time this had happened, I would say its a one time thing, but since this is the second time, I would consider making other arrangements for the dog until your DS is older. It could have been much worse, and I do understand that its not really the dogs fault if DS is antagonizing him, but just doesn't sound like a good situation and if it happens again, I bet they will make you put him down.
Me, DH and our 3 boys (5, 2.5, and 11mo)

steckie98 responded:
((HUGS)) Sorry to hear about your crappy day Heather. Things usually work themselves out one way or another, hopefully they will in your case and the dog won't have to be put down. Did you get the snake or is it still in the house?!
Carrie (32), DH-Jason (36), DS-Ashton (3)

im4shoes77 replied to 3boysmom1981's response:
Well so far no one has mentioned it being his 2nd bite. I think our couny follows he steps but doesn't keep very good long term records. The last one happened about 2 yrs ago.

The downside is that my dog has seizures and I was talking to the vet about it and I told him how frequent they wee becoming and he recommended that we have him put down anyway. He said even though the dog seems fine the seizures are really hard on him and probablnot going to get better even with meds now.

So I now have to figure out what to do. I don't think the county is going to say anything, but I think we are still going to have to put him down for his own good. It is going to break my babies heart!

LittleTandMe replied to im4shoes77's response:
Not to bring you down more, but my brother's dog had seizures since he was a puppy, and was on medication. Well, when they came back from a weekend trip, the dog had died, they suspect from a seizure. He was outside, but had a cool area, food and water, and my dad was coming by twice a day to check on him and let him run. So it might be more traumatizing for DS to come home one day and find him like that.

I know this sucks. I hope you can find another way.
Me, DS Tristan, almost 3.

im4shoes77 replied to LittleTandMe's response:
I know it's going to be hard either way. I think we are just going to take him my parents then explain that Puppy got sick while we were gone and went to heaven. I haven't had to have a dog put down in 18 yrs. I've had the dog longer than the kid He is really a part of the family and DS has such a big heart that he is going to be so devestated.

I know we have to do whats best for the dog and DS and unfortunatly Putting him down is probably the best answer. It's so hard when he is not having a seizure because he seems perfectly fine. I just hate having to think about it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 27 year old married to a 27 year old Drill Sgt. We have been together for 7 years & married for 3 1/2. I had a career with State Farm for ...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.