Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Birthday DD
linzuh04 posted:
Ok, so I've not only been unoffically on this board for one year, but now 2. Happy 4th Birthday Alexa!! DS is coming up next in November. She starts full day K Sept 6....her journey through her school aged years is about to begin!

Here's her birth story, if anyone is interested:

I was OVER being pregnant. WAY over it. I was hospitalized starting at either 12 or 14 weeks with contrax, started dilating at 28 wks I think it was, and had kidney stones at 35 weeks. I was on bedrest for like..ever..LOL. At 37 weeks, I started going to the gym and walking on the treadmill. I only sat on an exercise ball (no chairs). It's the middle of August in TX. Not exactly comfortable. After I got back from the gym, I felt like poop! I noticed a tinge of blood, but I bled alot throughout my pg with her. I tried to get comfy in the bed, and felt a pop at about 3am. Got up, went ot the bathroom, and my panties were a little wet, but nothing more than the normal pregnancy stuff. I go lie down on the couch and about 5am, felt another pop...down there. Got up and called the Dr and they told me to come in, and by that time, I was soaking through pads. I woke DH up at 6 and I remember turning on the light and telling him my water broke and he looked up and said "Are you kidding me?", so off to Jack in the box we go (haha, bet you thought I was gonna say hossy). He grabbed bfast on the way to the hossy. We get there and they use a test strip and tell me my water hadnt broken. Well, I've NEVER peed on myself, so what's all of this watery stuff falling out of me? So they tested again, checked my sac and said it was still intact, so it was a slow leak. Put me on max pitocin, I was fingertip dilated. I was in for the long haul. I asked for an epidural as soon as they even said the words "max pitocin"....I'm not stupid...lol. So I sit around and labor for 15 hours....get to about a 1.5 and they say "she's not coming out"....yeah no kidding. So I start bawling. I did NOT want a c-section, but that's where I was headed. I wasnt dilating and they were worried about the risk of infection, so away I went and at 530 pm miss Alexa Jordan was born at 37w1d 6lb 13oz 19.75 in.

(Isnt it funny how you remember it like it was yesterday?)
ME (20s) DH (pushing 30) DD(2006) DS (2008)

jlc78 responded:
Happy Birthday Alexa!!!!
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)

curleysue1968 replied to jlc78's response:
Happy Birthday Alexa!

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
Happy Birthday Alexa!
Amy 30 DH 28 Arianna born 3/5/08. TTC 2 with PCOS.

HayleesMom2007 responded:
Happy Birthday Alexa!!!

And yes it is funny how every last detail of that day stays so fresh in your mind!

megmoo78 responded:
Happy birthday Alexa!!! :)
Megan, DH,1DD 2DSs

ShayKTen responded:
Happy 4th Bday Alexa!!!
Shayla(25), DH(32), Rylie Kay(3), Reagan(18mnths)

cinder44 responded:
Happy Birthday, Alexa!
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am Emily, Mama to Ella Raegan and Lucas Ryan! Ella was born on our four year anniversary, May 17, 2007 and is my little fire cracker! Lucas w...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.