Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kid friendly dinner ideas
katieb426 posted:
DH is in corn harvest right now, so he's pretty much gone before we wake up and home well after bedtime. So it's just me and the kids.

I definitely cook differently when he's not home for supper. So I need some ideas for meals that are easy to pull together. Two nights a week, we have soccer right around supper time so when we get home, the kids are ready to eat right then!

Help me brainstorm...
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (2)

mrv77 responded:
Have you checked out weelicious.com? She has great meal ideas for kids :)
Me(30ish) DD (3)

Jackie03291 responded:
Stir frys are always quick, easy and healthy meals that you can cook. I like to slice up some chicken breasts into pieces, and sautee it in olive oil with some chopped up onion and garlic and boil some of the uncle ben's boil-in-bag brown rice, because they only take 10 minutes but you still get the benefits of brown rice, and then I might also throw some frozen corn or some green and red peppers in with the chicken after is has cooked on the outside for awhile. Heating up a can of black beans is also another great side dish to add or topping to put in with your chicken and rice mixture.

I probably cook something like this once per week on the days that I am short for time, but still want something that isn't full over over processed convenience food.

katieb426 responded:
Thanks for the tip! I haven't heard of weelicious.com until now, so that's great!

I definitely don't want to do too much processed food. I prefer to make meals as much from scratch as I can. No doubt this weekend in between basketball sign ups and soccer games, we will end up grabbing McDonald's. But I prefer to cook on the nights we're home.
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with one dd named Olivia Grace she is 2 years. I have been married since 9/4/11, but we have been together since 2002. We are by all...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.