Skip to content
NO SEIZURES!
jlc78 posted:
DD came down with a fever on Tuesday. Naturally my heart sank. It's been 3 months since the last one. And 3 months since the last seizure.

She's never had a fever and NOT had a seizure.

Until now!

I think she was very close to having one when she first started with it. I got some Motrin into her real quickly and started with a wet wash cloth on her pressure points. Her eyes fluttered a few times but she never lost conciousness and her breathing remained normal. The highest it got was 101.8 which is quite different from her others. They all hovered around 102.8 and would usually peak at 103.5. So fingers crossed that we made it past the age of febrile seizures!

Tomorrow is her birthday too so this is the best gift we could have ever received!
Me (31) DH (33) and our 2 beautiful babes DS (6/07) and DD (9/08)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mamabrat05 responded:
Thats awesome news and an awesome gift! Im hoping its the beginning of the end for the seizures!

cyn22mull responded:
Thats great news!!!
Cindy(34) DH (38) DS Christopher 2 25.2lbs and 33 1/4 inches

TyPatrick08 responded:
Wonderful News!!!!!
Me (23) DF (26) Tyler Patrick 11-19-08 7lbs 9oz

sarakraut responded:
Your post got me teary! I am so happy to hear she was seizure free. You all deserve this great news :-)
Me (32) DH (31) DS (Feb 2008) DD (March 2010) ~ Our little family is blessed and feels complete

mamatobe08 replied to sarakraut's response:
That is AWESOME Jamie! :) :) :)

Momma2Ethan responded:
Awesome Jamie!!! I'm so happy for ya'll! I was hoping she wouldn't have a seizure when I saw your post on FB about the fever. YAY! I hope ya'll have a good birthday!
Me(27) DH(27) DS (2) 8.19.08

simerlm responded:
That is amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Hopefully, she has past the peak age. And happy birthday (a day early) to your precious little DD! :)
Misty (30!) DH (32) Handsome DS (9) Beautiful DD1 (7) Pretty preemie DD2 (2)

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
Yay! That is awesome! Great quick thinking with the motrin and wash cloth Mama!
Amy 30 DH 28 Arianna born 3/5/08. TTC 2 with PCOS.

cduffy responded:
Jamie, this is so great!!! I am so hoping she's outgrown this thing! woohoo!
Me (32) Proud mama to my pretty little pixie (9.28.08) and my dashing little dude (5.13.10).

mel07430 responded:
Yay!!! So happy to hear that!!!! :-)
Melissa (37) DH (39) We have three angels in Heaven- 9/06, 1/07, 9/07. We have one beautiful daughter who is 2 yo. BFP 3/4/10!!!! Here we go again!!! EDD 11/13/2010. C/S scheduled 11/6. Blue Team!!

katieb426 responded:
Wow- what a huge milestone!

Happy birthday, Jaelyn! :)
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (2)

roni090909 responded:
YAY!!!! That is so exciting. I have been wondering about you ever since your FB post. Maybe she is finally starting to out grow it or the medicine is really working. Either way, GREAT news
Me (30) DH (37) DS Oct 08, New Baby Girl EDD 11/11

TanyaJP replied to roni090909's response:
that's really great!!! hope it continues!
Tanya (36), DH (36), DS (Eric-2), DSD (Cera-11) and DSS (Trent-13). Baby 2 on the way (Max-EDD 9/28/10). 4 angels in heaven with my daddy RIP.

mrsbeasley123 responded:
Aw, VERY awesome!! I'm glad to hear that!!!!!!
Me (30), DH (32), dd1 (3) and dd2 (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 41year mummy to a gorgeous daughter born 11/12/2008. August 2010 I had brain surgery to repair 2 unruptured aneurysms. I love being a stay a...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.