Skip to content
NEED HELP...
Lauren_Flores posted:
Does anyone know what you can give a two year old for a blister in the mouth. My son had been complaining today that his mouth was hurting and i checked it out and he has a blister, i feel so bad cause i know it's uncomfortable for him but i don't know what i can give him. Does anyone have an answer to what i can do for him and how to make it heal???

emily8091457 responded:
Hmmm I don't really have a good answer... where is it in his mouth?? Could it be from sucking his thumb or something else and it's caused a blister? Or could it be he ate something too hot that blistered him? I think hand, foot and mouth can cause blisters??? Not sure.

As for how to help it heal... I have no clue. It's hard when it's in the mouth... can't really put ointment on it very well, you know? I would say swish like saltwater or something... but I don't know that you can really get a two-year-old to do that. Maybe put a call into your pedi and see what they say. Luckily, the mouth is a part of the body that heals pretty quickly.
Me(30)DH(31) DD1-Ilse (3/17/08) DD2-Anya (3/19/10)

linzuh04 responded:
I get them from drinking citrus...OJ, pineapple, Vit C tabs, pretty much anything like that leaves "blisters" in my mouth. Stress is also a cause. You can use oragel, and tylenol/motrin, but other than that, you have to wait it out.
ME (20s) DH (pushing 30) DD(2006) DS (2008)

An_222737 replied to linzuh04's response:
tylenol/motrin brands shouldn't be on the shelf anymore as it has been recalled. Use generic brands.

Good luck!

TyPatrick08 responded:
Check with your pedi first something we prescribe at my office is "Magic Moutwash" 1/2 tsp of benadryl mixed with a 1/2 tsp of maalox regular strength. But Please Please check with your pedi first.
Me (23) DF (26) Tyler Patrick 11-19-08 7lbs 9oz

katieb426 responded:
It could be the hand, foot, and mouth virus. It's very common in young children. If that's the case, he will be contagious for a while. It manifests in different ways in children. Some get fevers and blisters everywhere. Some just get a few sores in their mouths. Hope he feels better soon!
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 27 year old Canadian mom of 1. DH and I have been married for 3 years in June. I work full-time as a geologist, and my DH is a survey tech a...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.