Skip to content
Finally, An iPhone Case for TODDLERS?!?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
This Valentine's Day I gave MYSELF :) the iPhone4 and my 4-year-old daughter has been trying to steal it ever since! With a plethora of kid-friendly applications for EVERY age, she can't get enough of this quick and portable access to entertainment, whether it is problem-solving games, digital pop-up books, drawing apps.....the list is endless!

I have wondered if I am totally insane to just hand over such an expensive item to my toddler? Well, thank goodness Fisher Price has worried about this as well! :) Take a look at the new "Laugh & Learn Baby iCan Play Case" designed for babies and toddlers to enjoy the iPhone (or iPod touch) while drooling on, teething, and rattling it!

Do you believe your 2 year old is iReady? Would you consider using this new case to let your LO enjoy the entertainment and get a head start on the technological world?
Best Wishes!
Amelia

Take the Poll

Would you let your 2 year old use your iPhone with the new toddler protective case?
  • Yes! My LO already uses an iPhone (or iPod touch).
  • Yes! I would let my LO use it ONLY WITH the case.
  • Do not care! I have no interest in the iWorld!
  • No! I would not let my LO use the iPhone/iPod as a tot.
  • No! I would not let my LO right now, but soon.
vote
View Poll Results

ryanandleigh responded:
DD will be 3 in 3 weeks and has been using DH's iphone for some time. He has baby games on there. I would not use the case at all. It looks babyish so at this age I think she is way out the age that would need a case like this.
Leigh, Jacen (5), Alexa (2)

KC_94920 responded:
Pretty clever I suppose but DD2 (35 months) has long since mastered use of my iPhone and iPad and we do fine with my protective case. Knock on wood....
KC (30something), DH (40something), DD1 (8), DS (5.5) and DD2 (2.5).

magsnemma responded:
We have an iPad rather than an iPhone and DD has been using it since we got it. We used to sit with her to make sure she was careful, but now she knows the rules and can sit on the couch with it on her lap and play "games."
Ali (33) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

magsnemma replied to magsnemma's response:
I forgot the whole point of the post. We don't have a protective case really for the iPad, that's why DD has to sit down to use it.

leftcoastgirl responded:
My DD also uses our iPad all the time. She has some games and books stored on there. She's insanely computer literate - as I'm sure most LOs are these days!

btw, the interactive iPad version of the Sesame Street book "The Monster at the End of This Book" is AWESOME! I had the print version when I was a kid, so it's fun to "read" it with DD.
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Wow! Look at all of these savvy little toddlers!

Personally, I'm impressed that your two-year-old children are all able to use these devices so well and with great caution. How responsible and smart! Good job, mamas!!!

It is amazing to see how quickly those little minds can become "computer literate" while many adults need definite training!

I really get excited when my daughter can figure out certain "cause and effect" games and have also been teaching her more about photography and adding different effects to pictures.

What types of games/apps are your little one's mostly into? Have you been surprised or proud of some of the things that they can already perform with this technology?
Best Wishes! Amelia

leftcoastgirl replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
DD's favorite app - by far - is YouTube. There's an entire Sesame Street YouTube channel plus lots of other kids' videos. You do have to be careful b/c - although YouTube has content rules - there is a lot of stuff that isn't kid-appropriate that can be stumbled upon. Definitely need supervision for this.

There are also tons of drawing apps that are fun for kids. They can use their fingers to draw on the screen.

Other than that, DD just has electronic kids' books.
Me (34), DH (34), DD (2)

magsnemma replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
We have most of the games by Duck, Duck, Moose, which DD likes. They sing songs while DD touches different parts of the screen. Another good one is Tap Tap Baby, which is purely for entertainment although in the last update I noticed they were trying to make it more educational. My favorite though is Monkey Preschool Lunchbox. It actually taught DD how to match. I tried with regular cards and she just didn't get it. She also has a Dora coloring book app which is fun if it's on mute. That song gets on my nerves.

It probably sounds like she plays these all the time, but usually it's in the late afternoon while I'm making dinner or keeping up with dishes/laundry/housework stuff.

lenono97 responded:
I let my two year old use my ipod touch to watch videos. I don't have it in a case and I know I am taking a chance of her tossing it on the ground. So far so good! I have also seen a plush case, don't remeber where. Like the PP said, this one looks a little babyish.

KC_94920 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Coco has two favorite apps: Angry Birds and Cupcakes. She's destroyed more pig houses than DH and loves to bake and decorate cupcakes for me.
KC (30something), DH (40something), DD1 (8), DS (5.5) and DD2 (2.5).

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.