Skip to content
Sneezed around my daughter!!!
momtotan posted:
I was shopping in the grocery store and my DD was sitting in the cart. I was picking some items on the opposite side of aisle and one guy who just passed by us sneezed around my daughter!!! For a moment I cringed!!! But what else ould I do? I came home and washed her face and hands..Hope she wont fall sick!!! She goes thru enough colds and colds from her play school...!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
How is your little one doing? Good job getting her cleaned up and as germ-free as possible quickly after the incident.

I was always appalled by how many random people wanted to touch my baby's face when she was just barely months old. Great goodness people, you probably aren't even getting the children sick, but you sure are giving us mamas a few heart attacks each year! :-D

Please keep us posted on your DD!
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

kmcarnag responded:
Oh my, the nerve of that guy who happened to be near yourdaughter when he experienced a biological reflex. I'm sure it seems gross, but it wasn't even ON her. Everytime you take your daughter out in public you expose her to germs. The germs from that man's sneeze are probably only a small fraction of all the germs she encountered in the grocery store. Even if she does come down with a cold, you will never be able to blame it on the sneeze. She can pick up cold viruses anywhere. I hope she doesn't get sick.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Susan and I am 31. My husband is Brian and he is 35. We have been married since 2005. Kayla was born August 23, 2008. She is our only child...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.