Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When did you "pop" in subsequent pregnancies
An_222821 posted:
I am 9 weeks along with my 2nd and trying to keep it quiet for awhile. Due to morning sickness I've actually lost 4 lbs, then gained 1 lb back. I just wondered when you popped with your pregnancies after the first one, so maybe I'll have a timetable on how long I have, lol. TIA

ryanandleigh responded:
I couldn't even begin to guess but I know I showed much earlier the second time around. I am petite and the first time around I started "showing" at about 5 months. The second time I am thinking it was probably obvious by 3 months.
Leigh, Jacen (5), Alexa (3)

earleyml1012 responded:
I'm 17 weeks with my second and I started showing at 13 weeks. So much, that I went to maternity clothes at that time. I had a slight bump prior but nothing that others really noticed. I was able to keep mine a secret until my 12 week appointment but even after we told people I had a few say they thought I was looking pregnant. So I'm thinking by the end of your third month you'll start showing. Enjoy and good luck with the pregnancy!! :c)

lenono97 responded:
I am 30 weeks pregnant with my second. I know I started wearing maternity clothes a week or two earlier this time around, but mostly because they were nicer then my regular clothes! I had an easy time keeping it quiet until 12 weeks and most people couldn't tell until about 16-18 weeks.

kmcarnag responded:
With my first, I made it to 18 weeks before I started wearing maternity clothes. Some people still didn't realize I was pregnant until 38 weeks (when I said I was going out on maternity leave). For number 2 I made it to 21 weeks before I needed maternity clothes. I did look pregnant by about 34 weeks with her. By 38 weeks, I probaby looked about 6 months pregnant but by 39.5 weeks I looked 8 or 9 months along. It came on all at once (even though weight gain was bout the same for both (33 lbs)). I'm kinda tall (5'8") with average-large frame so the babies have lots of room in there.

ralica replied to kmcarnag's response:
I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I feel fat, but can't say that I have a baby bump yet. I definitely start looking pretty thick around the waist though right around this time. This is my 3rd, I generally carry big belly, with my other 2 I often got asked if I am carrying twins - cute ah? Even with my first! Well, i don't really care to keep things a secret for any period of time, I'd rather tell that I am prego, than have people look at me and wonder if I am getting fat. I generally gain about a pound, a week, till about 36 weeks and then stop.

Good luck! Enjoy it! :)
My little angels Hannah born 9/17/08, and Paxon born 4/3/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Meggie (31) and I'm married to my amazing husband Jeremy (32). We have two wonderful daughters!! Rylie Katelyn (born 7-31-08 - 2 years ...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.