Skip to content
So excited!!
Jackie03291 posted:
I got free tickets from work to go to a major league baseball game tonight, and so I am taking my dd to her first game ever! She is super excited, and we have one of those large foam hands for the team that we are going to see, and she has been "practicing" all week waving it around and cheering. So cute!

So anyone else attempt to take their 2.5 year old to a baseball game yet, and how did it go?
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

magsnemma responded:
I've never done it, I just wanted to say have fun!! I love going to baseball games and since we just moved within distance of an MLB team, I'm looking forward to taking my DD! Let us know how it goes.
Ali (33) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

earleyml1012 responded:
We took DD last year between 18-20 months. She didn't like sitting still the entire time so we had to take turns taking her for walks. Snack and her pom-pom helped a lot. Plus whenever the crowd cheered, she would wave her pom-pom and cheer. I felt bad b/c she kept hitting the lady in front of us. Luckily she was a grandma so she didn't mind. Have fun! I love going to baseball games. What teams are playing?

lenono97 responded:
We have never taken DD and probably won't until she is MUCH older. I think it just depends on the kid. Mine does not sit still, so we know we would end up walking around the concourse the whole game. Not worth it for us. I hope it goes well for you. Have fun!

Jackie03291 replied to earleyml1012's response:
The Washington Nationals (our home team) and the San Diego Padres. Should be fun, despite the fact that I'm sure the Nationals are going to LOSE! LOL

Jackie03291 replied to lenono97's response:
Ava is usually pretty good about sitting still. We went to the circus a couple of months ago and she did really well, and if we have to leave then it's fine by me, they were free! Also, I got a couple of extra tix and we are taking our neighbors who have an older daughter and she likes sticking by her, so if she is sitting and watching the game, I'm sure that Ava will want to too!

jlynnpaine responded:
Have fun! I'm so jealous. We don't have any teams near us or we'd definitely take DD. We take her to rodeos though and she has a blast.

eliguns841984 responded:
we live about 10 mins from downtown St. Louis, MO and DS has been to several Cardinals games! He loves to go because he watches sports with DH a lot at home and we go to DH's softball tournaments all summer, but his main reasons for loving it are the snacks and hot dogs LOL
Noel (26) DH (31) J.T. born 7/23/08 Abram born 11/08/2010

Jackie03291 replied to eliguns841984's response:
Awesome! Yeah, I definitely plan on treating her to a hotdog!! She will definitely love that!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Jackie03291's response:
Have fun!!!!
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am Emily, Mama to Ella Raegan and Lucas Ryan! Ella was born on our four year anniversary, May 17, 2007 and is my little fire cracker! Lucas w...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.