Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lining toys up
texasmommy0811 posted:
Hello, well I was a part of these discussion boards while I was pregnant with my first son. after labor and delivery i was too overwhelmed with everything going on I stopped logging in. I am 15 weeks pregnant and my first baby is 2 going on 3 on August 27. I had a question about something I started noticing with my son. he has been lining up his toys in straight lines. he lines up his cars, blocks, bears, etc. i have heard and read that this could be an early sign of autism. has anyone had the same experience? im not too worried I just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences with their children. thanks!

lenono97 responded:
My daughter does that too. She lines up rocks, books, cards, etc. I have also heard of that link, but I am in no way concerned about my daughter having autism.

Jackie03291 responded:
Same as the second poster...I think that it is quite normal for toddlers to line things up, my daughter does this frequently, less now than when she was a little younger, closer to 2, she will be 3 in October, but I think that if lining up toys is the only "symptom" that your son is presenting, I wouldn't worry about it at all!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

alliegirl77 responded:
totally normal at this age and normal for us mommies to worry about it too. :-) I asked my parents as teachers rep about it and she calmed my fears quickly. Unless you see other signs that concern you, there is most likely nothing to be concerned about!
Me(33), DH(37), and DD(2)born 9/22/08. She's amazing!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Lyndsey (27) - I have a little girl, Lydia Janelle born in Feb 2008. Wasn't a leap year baby, but came close! She is my only child and ...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.