Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Milestone Monday
sydsmom09 posted:
Good Mornin.... or afternoon for some of you ladies.

It's monday...always get that 80's song Manic Monday stuck in my head. haha.

Did you're little one do anything new or noteworthy over the weekend?

My DD (she'll be 2 on July 6th) was walking down the stairs from her room back to the living room and she all the suddent starts counting. "wooon, two, free, far, fibe, seix, eben, eat, nine, ten, AGAIN!!" She counted to 10 all by herself out of no where!! Me and DH got so excited and she looked at us like, what are you freeking out about??

alliegirl77 responded:
Good job on the counting sydsmom!!!! Exciting moment!

Ok, our noteworthy moment was that Sarah jumped in the pool by herself this weekend without holding onto mommy's hands! (Mom there to catch of course - in the shallow end) :-)

Not a huge milestone per se but she seems to be the only 2 year old around our neighborhood brave enough to not only go in the big pool versus the baby pool but to get out, go to the side, jump off on her own, go under all the way (head and all), and not cry one bit...she's just a dare devil! She was so proud of her accomplishment. Of course we had to do it a thousand times too.

A mom asked me how old she was. I told her 2 and a 1/2...she was amazed...lol! I am too! Never thought I would have such a little fishy on my hands. Go figure!?!?!? We had a ball. I love summer.
Me(33), DH(37), and DD(2)born 9/22/08. She's amazing!

Jackie03291 replied to alliegirl77's response:
Great job on the counting Sydsmom, and Allie, Ava is the same way as Sarah with the water! She is a water bug too! She jumps straight into the pool, no hesitations. We have one of those bathing suits with the built in float pads that we tried for the first time last week, and she was swimming all over by herself in the middle of a big deep pool! I always knew that she loved the water, but even that blew me away! Now I don't know about you though, but it has me so paranoid now that she is going to be reckless around pools because she is a total nut for them!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

alliegirl77 replied to Jackie03291's response:
Oh it's so good to hear I am not the only momma of a little water nut!!! I am scared to death Jackie!!!! She is totally nuts around water like it your Ava!

I try to let her do some independent things but yes, her daring nature with this stuff has me scared to death. Fortunately she is my only one and I have my eyes on her non stop. We have 2 lifeguards at our neighborhood pool that put my heart a bit more at ease too. Either way, I am already teaching her to swim and doing everything I can to support her love for water so that she can do it safely since she seems to want to be so incredibly crazy! I assume it's just the wiggly 2 almost 3 syndrome at the moment but I know I am going to have to stay on her for sure. Oh and any days they go swimming in daycare...I volunteer to be a momma helper that day...LOL! I know my kid too well.
Me(33), DH(37), and DD(2)born 9/22/08. She's amazing!

MIOB responded:
Well, we're finally making some headway in the potty training department. DS finally decided to poop on it....of course, not sure that I needed the picture message evidence that DH sent me on the phone (I was out to a concert with my mother). But yay nonetheless! Finally decided he's serious enough about it to go out and buy some pullups today. Guess we're on our way!

magsnemma responded:
We had a milestone of sorts last night. DD spent her first full night with no diaper. She refused to wear one so I figured it was easier to change the sheets than fight an over-tired toddler. She did great, woke up dry and went to the potty. I was pretty impressed. Hopefully this is the total end of diapers, we've just been using them at night time.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

sydsmom09 replied to MIOB's response:
I remeber when my little brother was potty training he was afraid to poop in the potty becuase he thought that it would hurt. So we found a spiderman toliet cover and decided that spiderman would protect him. :P Kids are soooo cute.

earleyml1012 responded:
Last night DD sang her ABCs all by herself and didn't mess up on one letter or the ending. Normally she gets so far and messes up or just starts over. We were so proud of her.

Yesterday was her first day in underwear all day. She didn't go on the potty at all, had accidents but she's so stubborn that we realized she needs to feel wet all the time before she's going to get that she has to go on the potty. Hopefully, she'll start to go soon! Sometimes she says she has to go and we take her but after a few minutes she says she's all done. She was dry this morning when she woke up, so we know she has bladder control it's just a matter of her deciding that she's going to go on the potty.

sarahann1978 responded:
My DS has been working on potty training since the beginning of the month. We switched him to a Learning Center where they don't do diapers, and the director said he would work with DS. DS picked it up there in a couple of weeks, but was refusing at home. Finally this weekend it clicked for him, and he used the toilet all weekend!!!
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old and I live with my boyfriend and daughter in Wisconsin. I'm just recently a stay at home mom, never knew it was this much wor...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.