Skip to content
Bye bye binky!! YAY!
Jackie03291 posted:
Just had to share my excitement with you all! Ava is finally done with her binky!!! THANK GOODNESS!

The other night she lost it somewhere in the house and I was tired of tearing apart the house to look for it, so we told her that it was gone and she had to go without it....no tantrums, no real fuss, it was AMAZING!

She has gone two full days now for naps, bedtime, car rides with no binky and no craziness, although this morning she did just ask where it was but when I told her remember it was gone because she was a big girl now, she accepted it!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

cyn22mull responded:
That is awesome!!! I am glad that she is doing good without it!
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

earleyml1012 replied to cyn22mull's response:
YAY!! I loved it when DD no longer needed hers...one less thing to worry about when going on overnight trips.

bravefan76 responded:
DS has only ever had his at naptime and bedtime. I am slowing dropping hints that only babies have binkys and he agress, so soon we will lose them at bedtime first most likely and then naptime. Or should I do naptime first or just go cold turkey and lose it at both times?

Jackie03291 replied to bravefan76's response:
Well we pretty much went cold turkey since she lost in half way through the day, although she did have it for her nap that morning but then didn't have it that night for bedtime and hasn't complained since, so maybe it would be worth it to try cold turkey, maybe you will have an easier time than you think like we did!

magsnemma responded:
Can I live vicariously through you? We still have that battle to fight, so I can only imagine how nice it would be not to have the binky. I can't believe she just let it go without a fight. The one time I couldn't find the binky it was as though the world was going to end. I am not looking forward to that.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

Jackie03291 replied to magsnemma's response:
Yeah, I could not believe it either because losing the binky was an almost daily occurrence and it would quickly turn into hysterics! But for some reason this time it didn't and she just accepted it! So crazy, but I am so glad that it is gone!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 and have been married to my husband for 8 years. We have 2 daughters. Our oldest is 5 and the youngest is 2. We enjoy spending time playing ou...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.