Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bye bye diapers...for now! ;c)
earleyml1012 posted:
I think it's official that DD is now potty trianed since she hasn't had any accidents in 4 days!! YAY!!!

This is how we did it with her. For a few months we've been telling her about the potty and sometimes she would ask to sit on it so we'd take her. Then starting last Monday (June 27th) we put her in underwear 100% of the time and told her no more diapers. We showed her a box of little Dollar Store toys and told her that every time she went on the potty she would get one and a sticker for her chart. Monday - no potty, lots of accidents Tuesday - potty first thing in the morning, accidents the rest of the day Wednesday - no potty Thursday - went on the potty at daycare Friday - once at daycare and then once at home Saturday was the turning point, she went first thing in the morning and went a few more times before nap. Then after nap not so well but each day she got better until Monday when she had no accidents at all. I think it helped that she was at home with us for 3 days. Oh and by Monday, she wanted Jelly Beans or M&Ms instead of a prize, so that's what we've been giving her b/c it's cheaper! ;c)

Now I don't have to buy diapers until baby comes in October!!! YAY!!!!

cyn22mull responded:
That is wonderful news!
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

sarahann1978 responded:
Woohoo!!! That is so awesome. DS is right there too, he still has an occasional accident, but is pretty good about going on the potty. They mostly trained him at school. He still wears a diaper at night, but hates it so hopefully soon his body will cooperate and allow him to not have to pee through the night.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

bravefan76 responded:
Colton has been trained for quite some time now, but he still wears diapers at night. Most mornings he wakes up wet. I think that he drinks too much before bed, but how do I stop that? We eat dinner at @6:00 and he milk and then we usually go out and play outside. Well it is 100 degrees still so when he comes in @6:30-6:45 he wants to have some water. He goes before he goes to bed, but he is in bed by 7:30 every night.

earleyml1012 replied to bravefan76's response:
I don't know. Last night DD was drinking juice right before bath, went pee right before bath but still woke up dry this even though I know she didn't just pee out the juice. She can hold it for a long time though. When we first started the whole underwear thing, she went for 15 hours without peeing!!! I think some kids can hold it longer?!? He's still young, so I wouldn't worry too much about doing diapers at night.

magsnemma responded:
Whoo hoo! Congrats on no more diapers for a few months!
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

Jackie03291 responded:
Congrats, that's awesome news!!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

earleyml1012 replied to earleyml1012's response:
My one co-worker said she wakes her DD around 10-11pm to have her pee one more time. That's an option you can try.

sarahann1978 replied to bravefan76's response:
DS still wears a diaper at night too, I think he does not still have the muscle control. I am not going to worry about the night diaper for quite a while because I think for some kids it takes a while to develop that control and it's completely normal.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

jlynnpaine responded:
That's awesome! Congrats on the potty training.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Amie- a 29 year old Registered Dental Hygienist, mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Unio...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.