Skip to content
If you had to plan a b-day party today, what would the theme be?
magsnemma posted:
So DD's birthday isn't until November, but sometimes I think about the things she loves and how they would be an easy birthday theme. The last couple of weeks, she has become obsessed with My Little Pony and Special Agent Oso. I actually got her two little ponies so that I could play with her instead of having to watch the cartoon again.

So for us it would probably be My Little Pony, purple and pink everywhere!

What about you? If you had to plan a birthday party for your LO today, what would the theme be?
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

cyn22mull responded:
If I had to plan it right now, it would be trash trucks. DS is currently in love with trash trucks....If we pull up beside one at a red light he is in the back just waving at them.

The other day we were going into daycare and one drove by, we had to stop and wait so he could wave and watch it go by thankfully they saw him waving and honked the horn!

***sorry if this shows up more than once, I got the message that the Web MD exchange server was unavaliable several times***
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

Jackie03291 responded:
Hmmm...probably Sesame Street themed. She just loves everything and everyone on Sesame Street.
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

earleyml1012 responded:
I would say something along the lines of transportation. DD freaks out whenever she sees a yellow school bus, motorcycle, or train...she loves those things. However, she is a huge Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan so that could be another option. We don't typically have huge parties for her, so I could get away with anything really.

lenono97 responded:
My husbands birthday was in July so my DD talks about birthdays a lot! Her birthday is also in November. She already talks about having her "number 1 cake" She has seen pictures of the number 1 shaped cake she had for her first birthday. She also tells us she wants suckers and candy! I also don't really worry about a theme, we only invite close family. But probably something along the Disney line for plates and napkins.

sliverfroggy responded:
The My Little Pony Idea is Great!! That is what we are doing for our Daughter. She loves horses (thanks to my Dad and the Race Track). We are actually getting a real Pony for the backyard for 2 hours. She has no idea. But the theme is going to be My little Pony with Pink and Purple as the stand out colors.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
I love the My Little Pony theme, too! Face painting would be fun with the pony pastel colors and their pony stamps. Also, now you can get the fake bright colored hair pieces and hair tinsel, if you wanted to dress the kids up like ponies. I want to come!

The MyLittlePony website has some good ideas as well.
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Springisnear responded:
I would go with a science fiction theme. Space ships, planets, ray guns, and aliens.

They could play games like
Pin the tail on the alien
Hold their breath game to simulate no oxygen in space. The one that holds their breath the longest wins.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 27 year old Canadian mom of 1. DH and I have been married for 3 years in June. I work full-time as a geologist, and my DH is a survey tech a...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.