Skip to content
What are Your Snack Staples?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
With summer ending, I'm in search of new healthy snack ideas for the house and lunchbox....WebMD's 19 Healthy Kid Snacks has definitely helped, so I wanted to share!

What are your go-to healthy snacks that you are keeping on hand, right now?

• Edamame (frozen for quick microwave defrost)
  • Peanut Butter
  • Fruit
  • Cheese and whole wheat crackers
  • Yogurt
Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone

jlynnpaine responded:
Fruit is #1 for us. DD also likes the dried fruit in individual packets that you can buy in bulk at Costco. Those are nice for on the go snacks.
She loves crackers and cheese.
Cheerios or chex
Fruit roll-ups
Yogurt melts (she loves these but won't eat regular yogurt)
Raisins
Birdseed (sunflower seeds)

magsnemma responded:
I tend to do the same things as PP and OP. One thing I figured out though is that sometimes if you make it more interesting DD eats more. I made a snack that looked like Ernie from Sesame Street out of oranges, raisins, marshmallows and a little fruit strip. Super easy and she was so impressed, although she said it looked like Dora. Either way.

http://ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com/bert-and-ernie-fruit/2011/06/04/

I get a lot of fun ideas about food and snacks now from Pinterest.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

MIOB responded:
Fruits are a big staple in our house, as is yogurt. Goldfish are another favorite. Pretzels.

ryanandleigh responded:
Popcorn, pretzels, goldfish, fruit, yogurt - those would be DD's favorites.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

lenono97 responded:
Lately our go-to-snacks are fruit snacks and crasins. I always keep gold fish and graham crackers in the house.

cyn22mull responded:
Right now the favorites are:

Grapes
cheese
cheerios
pretzels
graham crakers
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

leftcoastgirl responded:
For us, it's bananas, yogurt cups, string cheese and either Wheat Thin or goldfish crackers.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Mother (30) of Miki, an adorable, funny, creative 2 y/o. Daddy's (34) life (or bank acct) will never be the same! 2009 Clomid, Hcg, IUI, worked o...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.