Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 2yr old Daughter....Concern
VictoryMommy posted:
Hi I am a first time mother and I have a daughter that is now 2 years old . Now i know they are going through changes but i Have a concern. My daughter is into boy things and girl things. Like she shoots guns and rolls and dives not be hit and im talking pretend guns but she does the boy things and fights at school but then she sees a disney film or something and she is dancing and singing and all girly. Is she just finding her self or is she just being a normal 2 yr old and into everything. I could use some advice so im not concern its just a little whoa!

sliverfroggy responded:
I have a 2 year old daughter too. She is the same way. Into boy and girl things. She loves cars, all the toy story gang, Dinosaurs are her favorite thing right now, but she is also a girly girl. She loves dress up and her lip stick, dancing around and her Barbies. Now she is not into boy things like fighting though. I am not worried at all that my Daughter is into boy toys. She is only 2 and just likes what she likes. I am sure your daughter is just being herself.

lenono97 responded:
My daughter is the same way. She will play with cars one minute and her dolls the next. I am not worried about it. I think it's normal. Besides, I don't want to label toys or activities "boy" or "girl". I think she should be free to play how she wants.

speechtxjessica responded:
my daughter is the same way, one day she plays with princesses and tinkerbell, the next she wants spiderman! lol

earleyml1012 responded:
At this age, I don't think they know that these are typical boy or girl things...they just like what they like. My DD is the same way, so I think it's perfectly normal. DD loves trains, motorcycles, sports but also loves her dolls, kitchen, and playing dress up. Seems normal to me...plus I would rather her like "boy" stuff instead being 100% girly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a FT working mother of one amazing little boy, Jacob. I'm also a PT student and the wife to a wonderful, supportive husband. I'm proud...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.