Skip to content
Bandaid HELP
earleyml1012 posted:
So DD has been falling a lot lately outside and scraping her knees. When the cut is new and bleeding we'll put a bandaid on it. However, most of the time they are just tiny marks that don't really need a bandaid, they just bleed a little and then are fine but the next day she feels she needs a bandaid again. How can we get her over this? I started putting cheap ones on but once they fall off she freaks and thinks she needs a new one. Any suggestions would be great!

ryanandleigh responded:
Honestly, I usually let them have a bandaid if they want one - within reason (as in there has to be an actual cut). If it makes them feel better, I figure it isn't hurting anything and one or two bandaids used isn't that much of a waste.
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

jlynnpaine responded:
Shae asks for a bandaid any time she gets the tiniest bump. If there is no mark, I tell her, "There's no blood, you don't need a bandaid. I'll kiss it better if you want." If there's an actual scrape, I'll give her one. I print every bandaid coupon I can get my hands on and can usually get a box for under 50 cents, sometimes as low as a penny a box.

magsnemma responded:
I'm not much help but I can sympathize. If you look at DD funny she needs a bandaid. So far the only thing that I've found that works is not buying the fun bandaids, like Toy Story or Shrek. They seem much less interesting to her.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 35 year old single mom. I was a SAHM until the separation, now I've re-joined the workforce. I can truly see the benefits and pitfalls of e...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.