Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore Throat For a 2 year old!
Healthymother1 posted:
Mom and Dads are there anything that i can give my 2 year old for a sore throat? thanks for you responses in advance

sarahann1978 responded:
You could give them ibuprofen. Also a warm or cold beverage may be soothing.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

Anon_234528 replied to sarahann1978's response:
OK thanks! Have u ever heard of the chloraseptic spray working for tots?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hope your little one is feeling better, Healthymother1!

Please call your pediatrician before giving your sweet toddler any over-the-counter medication, while under the age of four.

Take care and let us know how things are going!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Healthymother1 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello Mothers!

My little one is doing much better! Of course, i was a little scared but he just started a school and daycare so his body is not immune to the kids that are carrying germs everywhere and other kids being sick! Makes me want to stay at home! Thanks for your support!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Healthymother1's response:
Aww, so glad that he is feeling better!

Thanks for the update and good luck with school and daycare!! It is never easy in the beginning, but I bet you both will love it in the end.

Take care!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

cruise_control1 responded:
Hi, I know I am late responding to this post, but in case someone else runs across this problem. Just last week I was going to get my daughter some benadryl but couldnt find any in the grocery store or walmart. So I started searching the children's medicines to try to find something for the symptoms my 2 year old was having. Her symptoms (runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and one more thing I cant recall right now) so I ran across a brand I had never heard of before called cough and cold 4 kids made by Hyland's. It said its 100% natural so I figured it was worth a shot and it was for 2years whereas most of the over counter meds were not for kids under 4. Well that medicine worked like magic, I gave her 1 dose on Thurs, 3 doses on Friday (she started becoming back to normal) and by Saturday I only gave her one dose at bedtime for the cough...the stuff worked!! I then went online to research and read reviews from others who used this brand and received nothing but good and positive reviews. The company has been around since 1903 but I was stunned that no one I knew had ever heard of this particular brand of medicine, so I just wanted to share this valuable info with others.
Me(37), DH(39), DD(2)6/2/09; DS-EDD 9/26/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Danielle. My husband and I have been married 8 years and we have a 2 1/2 year old son named Logan. I came to WebMD when he was about 8 mont...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.