Skip to content
Drooling
lizrobins posted:
I have a 2 year old boy, he will be 3 in Jan. He is no longer teething but he is still drooling A LOT and we dont know why. I have had people tell me that his toung is too long or that he just doesn't know how to swallow? I could really use some help, I didnt know if I should take him to the doctors just yet it doesn't seem serious?

earleyml1012 responded:
My pedi said that it's normal for them to drool until about 3 and then you'll want to have him checked out. I think he said something about drooling could be a sign of needing speach therapy or something like that. If you're really worried, I'd just call and speak with a nurse before making an appointment to take him in. I've notice that my DD still drools from time to time but not a lot. I could be nothing.

QTpie2009 responded:
I asked my pedi about it too because my son is a drooler. He is 2. She didn't seem worried about it and just said it was normal. I don't know at what age though it could mean a problem.
Me (27), DH (30), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

lizrobins responded:
Thank you for the advice. I will wait it out & call a nurse.
I hope it stops soon though, its starting to become a bit gross.
Thanks again

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I am an Early Childhood Special Ed teacher. I have a DD who is 3 and has severe food allergies and a DS who is 5 months old. I like ho...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful