Skip to content
What's the worst...
jlynnpaine posted:
baby name you've ever heard?
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Ashblack responded:
My cousin had a baby boy roughly three months ago and named him Derion....affter Beyonce's clothing line. Still SMH...

sarahann1978 responded:
Hmmm, I'll have to think if I have heard a worse one, but one of my DH's coworkers named their son Deegan.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

earleyml1012 responded:
My friend use to work as a labor and delivery nurse, so she saw all kinds of names. This one had us cracking up. The baby was a girl and her name was La-A...pronounce Ladasha...apparently you pronouce the dash! So weird!!!

magsnemma responded:
There was a kid in my school called Tiernan (Teir-nin), no one could pronounce his name. I always felt bad for him. One year he showed up and told the teacher he went by his middle name. I think it was because of the pronunciation issues.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Abcde - pronounced Absiddy
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

jlynnpaine responded:
Ampersand. Apparently they wanted to name the baby after the "@" symbol, but they didn't do their research because Ampersand is the "&" symbol. Unreal!

sarahann1978 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Ha, ha Jodi I never thought about what the name for @ was, so being the big nerd that I am looked it up. The name for "@" is atmark. Now I can take comfort in knowing that I learned my random bit of useless knowledge for the day, LOL!

ffwife23Kt replied to sarahann1978's response:
Lol this is making me giggle a little bit. I am pregnant with our second child a girl due in December and DH and I can't think of a name for her, I will have to bring some of these up just to get a reaction from him since he is being so difficult!

My sister is a PE teacher for an inner city school in Downtown Denver CO and she has a lot of "Princes" and "Princess" in her school.

My mom went to school with a Moonshine Rainflower. I am totally for the 70's but wow. I would have killed my parents.

Katie
(When I was seven I wanted to change my name to Vickie, my mom loves to tell that story since I hated being a Katie. I didn't speak to her or my dad for days because they wouldn't let me change my name)

sarahann1978 replied to ffwife23Kt's response:
Oh man, you reminded me of a guy I knew in CO, his name was King Bill, so he went by K. Bill. Can you imagine having the name King?

ffwife23Kt replied to sarahann1978's response:
Hahaha that is very interesting. Why do some people torture their children like that?

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
Haha! That's too funny. I can't believe the things people come up with. You'd think they'd have some sympathy for the poor kid who has to live with the name.

theunknwn replied to earleyml1012's response:
Where are you from because the wierdest name I have ever heard of is exact;y La-a, except a friend of mine said that this lady was applying to live at her apartment complex and when she called her back she pernounced it wrong and the girl was all "no is is ladasha the dash is not silent!) lol hilarious,

QTpie2009 responded:
I just recently heard the name Kutter.
Me (27), DH (30), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

sdadkin responded:
I think I heard that Matthew McConaughey's brother named his son Miller Lyte or something like that. How in the world did he get his wife to agree to that? Lol.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Hanna. I'm 27-years-old and a single mother of my beautiful daughter, Brinlee. Brinlee is two-years-old. I wait tables and go to colleg...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.