Skip to content
Could this be a sign of Acid Reflux?
Healthymother1 posted:
My 2 year-old likes to have a lil cup of milk in the middle of night ....and after he drinks the lil cup of milke the next hour or two he vomits...he does not do it during the daytime at all..could this be a sign of acid reflux or just him getting too full at night too where he vomits it up? (Answers are Appreciated)

Take the Poll

What is the best otc medicine for toddlers having ezcema?
  • HYdrocortisone
  • Gold Bond
  • Benadryl Anti-Itch
  • Zrytec (Cetrizine)
  • Calamine Lotion
vote
View Poll Results

lenono97 responded:
Not sure. But honestly, I wouldn't give him the milk during the night and that should probably take care of the problem.

Healthymother1 replied to lenono97's response:
ok! Thanks...

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Healthymother!

Does he only have this problem with vomiting milk in the middle of the night or does it happen in the day, too?

If only at night, then I agree with the previous poster to try to end this habit. Lying down after eating or drinking can cause discomfort and vomiting for those with acid reflux. This GERD and Reflux for Infants and Children article suggests:

• Elevating the head of the child's bed.
  • Keeping the child upright for at least two hours after eating.
  • Serving several small meals throughout the day, rather than three large meals.
  • Limiting foods and beverages that seem to worsen your child's reflux.
  • Encouraging your child to get regular exercise.
Be sure to check out the article for other causes and treatments as well as speak to your pediatrician. It is important for you to have your son tested, in case there are any underlying health concerns.

Also, you may want to post your questions on toddler eczema in the WebMD Allergies Community as well as the WebMD Skin Problems & Treatments Community . Please make sure that you talk to your doctor before using any of the treatments for this concern as well. Here is the Eczema Health Center for a great deal of recent news articles, facts, treatments, etc.

Wishing your little one quick relief!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

jazminn88 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
i've had eczema since i was a baby and my mother rubbed hydrocortisone on my patches right before bed. it seemed to be the time i broke out the most. worked the best.

QTpie2009 responded:
My DS has eczema. The product we prefer is Aveeno eczema lotion for babies. I have tried other creams and lotions and nothing seems to work as well as this. We put it on once in the morning and once after a bath at night. In the winter I also only give him a bath every other day to help with the dryness.
Me (27), DH (30), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

lil_leyka replied to QTpie2009's response:
agree my two year old has it bad on her legs and tummy i love aveeno it cleared it up in about a week in half!

BabyParks responded:
I would talk to my doctor. My son drinks milk and has reflux but takes meds for it. He will wake up around 5am for a sip of milk and never throws up. However a friend has a 11 month old that has reflux worse and does vomit after drinking so it's not normal for sure. HOpe you figre this out soon! NOthing serious tho just may need some meds to help. Our son still takes prevacid today! Will be 2 in OCT.

divamom2013 responded:
I would offer a little water instead if he absolutely has to drink something. Milk has sugar and can cause tooth decay/bottle rot.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I have two little girls (Ilse 3/17/08) (Anya 3/19/10). I am a stay at home mom and am SOOOO glad that we are fortunate enough to have that a...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.