Skip to content
Bath?
sarahann1978 posted:
I am wondering if any of your two year old's drink bath water? My DS does even though I try to discourage it. I have given up a little because it seems like the bigger deal I make out of it the more he wants to do it. I try to run a little fresh water if he seems thirsty, but he prefers the warm water in the tub. I keep his tub pretty clean, and if he has an accident everything gets bleached. He doesn't seem to get sick, but I just was wondering if it is ok other than the ick factor.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

cyn22mull responded:
This may show 2x! YES my DS loves to drink his bath water...yuck. I do keep his tub very clean (a bit obsessive about it). I try to discourage it but it seems like the more I tell him no the more he drinks it. I always give him a cup of fresh water when I see him drink it and sometimes he is fine with that and other times he dumps it out and fills it with bath water. I clean his tub every evening after his bath or after he goes to bed and I deep clean it once a week with bleach. I only got obsessive when he started drinking the water.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma responded:
Yep, DD does it too. I was grossed out by it, especially after she told me one day that she didn't have to go potty because she went in the bathtub. Blech. Now I tell her just to pretend to drink it, and for some reason, that seems to work. She also has an Abby Cadaby and a bathtub baby doll and I tell her she can give them a drink.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

jlynnpaine responded:
My DD tries from time to time, but so far I've caught her each time and she reminds herself that we don't drink bath water because it's dirty. I guess I can't speak for the nights DH bathes her. She may have actually gotten some and I just don't know about it.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

tempymae2007 responded:
Yep my DD does it too! Like you I don't make a big deal about it because if I do she just does it more especially when she knows I am watching her. I think as long as you keep the tub cleaned and he isn't getting like cups of the water he should be okay.

lenono97 responded:
Yes, my DD does the same thing! Glad to hear I am not alone. I try to discourage it, but like PP said, I think the more I tell her no, the more she does it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 2 year old son, Boston, who is the light of my life. He was born at 36 weeks due to my having crazy blood pressure issues and it wa...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful