Skip to content
Bath?
sarahann1978 posted:
I am wondering if any of your two year old's drink bath water? My DS does even though I try to discourage it. I have given up a little because it seems like the bigger deal I make out of it the more he wants to do it. I try to run a little fresh water if he seems thirsty, but he prefers the warm water in the tub. I keep his tub pretty clean, and if he has an accident everything gets bleached. He doesn't seem to get sick, but I just was wondering if it is ok other than the ick factor.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

cyn22mull responded:
This may show 2x! YES my DS loves to drink his bath water...yuck. I do keep his tub very clean (a bit obsessive about it). I try to discourage it but it seems like the more I tell him no the more he drinks it. I always give him a cup of fresh water when I see him drink it and sometimes he is fine with that and other times he dumps it out and fills it with bath water. I clean his tub every evening after his bath or after he goes to bed and I deep clean it once a week with bleach. I only got obsessive when he started drinking the water.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma responded:
Yep, DD does it too. I was grossed out by it, especially after she told me one day that she didn't have to go potty because she went in the bathtub. Blech. Now I tell her just to pretend to drink it, and for some reason, that seems to work. She also has an Abby Cadaby and a bathtub baby doll and I tell her she can give them a drink.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

jlynnpaine responded:
My DD tries from time to time, but so far I've caught her each time and she reminds herself that we don't drink bath water because it's dirty. I guess I can't speak for the nights DH bathes her. She may have actually gotten some and I just don't know about it.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

tempymae2007 responded:
Yep my DD does it too! Like you I don't make a big deal about it because if I do she just does it more especially when she knows I am watching her. I think as long as you keep the tub cleaned and he isn't getting like cups of the water he should be okay.

lenono97 responded:
Yes, my DD does the same thing! Glad to hear I am not alone. I try to discourage it, but like PP said, I think the more I tell her no, the more she does it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a Stay at Home Mom of 2 kids, Melly-Bean who is 2 and Devin-Monkey who is 6. We live in rural Northern Maine in a small town of 2,000 or so peopl...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.