Skip to content
Crazy News...
Jackie03291 posted:
Just had to share... I'm pregnant! Ava is going to have a little brother or sister sometime late April early May of next year. So crazy! Not only were we NOT trying whatsoever, I'm on birth control, etc etc but we just made a HUGE move and I started a new job and my husband is still looking for a new job, so of all times for this to happen, this definitely takes the cake! But we will manage and I am slowly getting over the shock and trying to get excited! I'm sure Ava will be once we tell her. We haven't really done that yet, I figured I would wait until after my first dr. appointment at the end of this month. Anyways, that's my big news, just had to share. Everyone have a great long weekend!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08

magsnemma responded:
Wow, congratulations! I bet that was a shock! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

earleyml1012 responded:
Congrats! Here's to a healthy 9 months a head of you!!! I'm due in 6 weeks and DD took to the news well. She just loves babies. I wanted to also recommend two books that we have for her about being a big sister and how babies are too little to do some stuff. We've also involved her in as much baby prep as we can and she's even enjoyed playing with some of the baby toys that we took out of storage. I'm sure Ava will love the idea of being a big sister!

1) I'm A Big Sister! by Ronne Randall - this is my favorite
2) I'm A Big Sister by Joanna Cole

sarahann1978 responded:
Wow, that is exciting! Congrats and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy. How is DH taking it? (I think I remember at one point you said you weren't sure he was up for a second child.)
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

cyn22mull responded:
Congrats!!!
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine responded:
Congratulations! That's so exciting.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Late congrats, Jackie!!!

I'm so happy for you and the family!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Jackie03291 replied to sarahann1978's response:
He's excited, but still hesitant to share it with anyone until we go to the doctor at the end of this month, which is fine by me. I prefer not to tell anyone until we know that everything is going OK so far. It's just strange because if I remember right from when I got pregnant with Ava, he wanted to tell everyone right away and I was the one telling him to wait! LOL

Jackie03291 replied to earleyml1012's response:
Thanks for the book suggestions! I will definitely look into those after I go to my first dr. appt at the end of this month. As long as everything looks good, that's when we will share the news with Ava. Best of luck to you!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Sarah.. I have one DD .. Emma who will be 3 in April. I'll be 25 at the end of March : O and my DH and I have been married for 3 years, 4 ...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.