Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
YAY or NAY for Football Season?
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Football is here! How does it affect your family? In the past, I have to admit that I dreaded it for my own.

Do you join together and cheer on your favorite team, have friends over and sport your football jerseys as a fam? Or do you despise the season, as your husband runs away each weekend to hang with the boys and the kids could care less?

YAY or NAY to football?
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

magsnemma responded:
I don't really like football a whole lot, so I've found ways to make it more interesting to myself (we have one TV, so I have to learn to watch it). DH and I also got season tickets to his alma mater, so now the whole family is going and tailgating, which has been surprisingly fun so far. A couple of years ago I was talked into joining a "spouses" fantasy football league, so now I have people to root for and against. It's been a good way to get more involved, and I totally won last year so I have bragging rights .

It also helps that DH doesn't take it so seriously and he will answer all of my questions and put up with me making fun of almost everything, from the odd college uniforms to the weird things the commentators say.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

sarahann1978 responded:
YAY!

I LOVE football! I was a football manager for three years and a student trainer for 2 in school. When I started out in college I wanted to major in Kinesiology so I could be a Professional Football Trainer, but changed my mind after a year because of issues with the school. I am seriously sad at the end of the Super Bowl because it means the start of the void that is the off season.

Last weekend was a very happy time in our household! My husband and I went to arch-rival colleges and we make it a point to travel to the game each year which is a 12-14 hour drive depending on who is hosting the game.
Sarah (32), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

MIOB responded:
Yay!!! Love football. Can't wait to cheer on my Pats come Monday night. Sundays are always full of games, football food and fun from now until Superbowl. I'm very excited - I just wish I could keep my eyes open for Monday Night Football - I'm always asleep by halftime!

jlynnpaine responded:
Yay! I love pretty much all sports and really enjoy watching football. DH and I love to watch it on the weekends and we're also in a football pool. We don't have a professional team in our state, or we'd definitely make it a point to go to games. We do occasionally make it to a college game from time to time.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

cyn22mull responded:
Yay to football!!!! We love watching football.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3

ryanandleigh responded:
Totally indifferent to football season. DH doesn't watch it and neither do I. Now basketball season is another story....
Leigh, Jacen (6), Alexa (3)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Yay! I love football and have the teams I root for or against. I'm the only girl in a family of 5 (other than my mom) so I had to learn to like football because in the "old days," we only had one tv and that was all that was on it on Sundays.

I'm also that rare female who also likes hockey and can't wait for the season to start next month.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Amie- a 29 year old Registered Dental Hygienist, mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Unio...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.