Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dentist - Update
cyn22mull posted:
Yesterday was DS first visit to the dentist and it went very well. DS was such a good boy. They had him sit in the chair and took his picture. Then I sat in the chair and he sat on my lap. They brushed his teeth and counted them. They did let him touch the little mirror they use and that thingy they use to count the teeth. They let him push the buttons on the chair and on the light. He got a little upset when the dentist came over to look at his teeth, but no real meltdown. When he goes back in 6 months they will do the x-rays and try to do a cleaning.

I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week so far!!
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

magsnemma responded:
I have to say, I'm a little jealous. DD melted down when she went. Congrats on a great visit!
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

jlynnpaine responded:
That's great news! Glad it went so well. I bet the next time goes even better. I think once they get used to it, the dentist poking around in there is not as big of a deal.

The dentist is like Santa Claus in our house. Anytime Shae does something she's not supposed to, she says, "The dentist will be mad." I'm sure this comes from us telling her not to suck on her finger because it will hurt her teeth and if she hurts her teeth, the dentist will be mad.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

lenono97 responded:
You are so lucky! We took DD to the dentist last week for the first time. She hated it. The only time the dentist or hygenist could see in her mouth was when she was screaming! However, they were very confident that when we brought her back in 6 months she would be much better.

Jackie03291 responded:
Sounds like a great check up!

I just took Ava for her first dentist visit today and she did AWESOME! She let them do a full cleaning and flouride treatment and the dentist said that everything looked really good. They will probably wait to do their first set of x-rays in 6 months as well.
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Amie- a 29 year old Registered Dental Hygienist, mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Unio...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.