Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
red itchey bumps
tink0509 posted:
my daughter has had little red bumps on her lower back and bottom (diaper area) for the last couple of days and today i noticed a couple up by her arm pit in the back. any ideas what they could be??

she doesnt seem to feel bad. and she gets plenty of air from running around with no diaper (trying to potty train) they look like they could be bug bites but idk what kind. nobody else in the house has them and they are just in that small area. i have been putting cortisone cream on them to help with the itching.

any ideas as to what it is and how to get rid of it would be greatly appreciated

Jackie03291 responded:
Have you started using any new detergents, lotions, soaps, etc. on her lately? Maybe it is an allergic reaction to something. I know one day I went out and bought a new detergent that was lavendar scented and as soon as I put those clothes on my daughter she got so red and blotchy, so needless to say that detergent was given to my neighbor.

Also another thing to consider is depending on where you live, if it is starting to get cold, my daughter sometimes gets a little rash during the winter where her clothing rubs against her skin because her skin gets dry in the winter, so I have to try to put lotion on her as much as possible when it starts to get cold.

If none of those things apply, then I would definitely take her to see the dr. Good luck!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

tink0509 replied to Jackie03291's response:
ive been using the same detergent and soap since she was born (my detergent is lavender) its not cold here yet just starting to get chili.

they have started to dry up and go away now. still dont know what it is though.

p.s. thanks for your reply

Jackie03291 replied to tink0509's response:
Well I'm glad they're going away. Maybe it was some type of poison, like poison ivy or oak. If it is drying up and going away, that sounds like it could be a possibility.
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 26 yrs old and my husband is 28, we've been married for 6 years together a total of 9 years. We have a little girl that is 2 yrs and 7 mon...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.