Skip to content
What's cooking!
ffwife23Kt posted:
Hey ladies! I haven't seen this on here in a while. What is everything making this week! I need some idea's and I am putting together my son's birthday party on Sunday and have no idea what to make for about 40 people. Any suggestions?? Something easy since I'm 8 months preggo or crock pot worthy??

Monday- Santa Fe Stew- hubby made it and it was awesome.
Tuesday- Spaghetti with salad and bread ??
Wednesday- Sloppy Joes with green beans or gouda stuffed hamburgers on jalapeno cheddar bread (I've been craving these)
Thursday- Up to DS and I since DH is on shift
Friday- DS's birthday so going out!
Saturday-DH is on shift so going to Grandma's
Sunday- Party time!

cyn22mull responded:
Hi!! I hope that your party goes well this weekend! You need snack type ideas or meal ideas??

Monday - Sloppy joes, Mac & cheese, corn
Tuesday - Not feeling too good so probably, Grilled cheese and apple and pear slices
Wed - baked chicken, rice, steamed veggies
Thursday - Baked beans, hot dogs
Friday - leftover chicken
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

ffwife23Kt replied to cyn22mull's response:
Hey Cindy!
I am looking for a meal type ideas and will have an appetizer out as well, we usually do veggies and dip or some sort of cracker and spread.
Thanks for your help!

Katie

cyn22mull replied to ffwife23Kt's response:
You could do a taco bar...toss some chicken in the crock pot with some salsa and taco seasoning it shreads up great for chicken taco's put all the "toppings" out and let everyone make there own.

There is also always pasta....you could put meatballs in a crockpot with spaghetti sauce and then cook some pasta. Or baked pasta ( I did that for 2nd birthday i made 2 trays of baked rigatoni one with meatballs and one with no meat. I made the noodles the day before and tossed it with the sauce and baked it the afternoon of the party.)

Hot dogs & hamburgers.

Chicken salad sandwhich, tuna salad sandwhich, pulled BBQ pork sandwhich (you could put that in crock pot)

Let me think some more.....

Thanks Cindy!! I appreciate the suggestions!

My family is just so darn picky (my mom, brother's, sister's etc) My DH and myself as well as DH's family will eat anything and so will most of our friends so I am not too worried about them.
Katie 26, DH Brad 30, DS 2, DD EDD 12/18/11

cyn22mull responded:
If your not up for cooking you could always order subs or chicken finger trays, and then make a toss salad or pasta salad to go with it.

cyn22mull replied to ffwife23Kt's response:
I understand!! My DH is picky as well as my in-laws. It can make planning a party hard. And for me it makes planning dinner hard!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I wish I was organized enough to plan ahead for meals. Came home last night and DH had dinner ready and kids fed. Thinking of having either hamburgers or grilled cheese with tomato soup tonight.

Friday is DD's birthday (2) so mommy is taking her and DS to lunch and mommy and daddy are taking everyone to dinner. We're having her party Saturday so not sure what we're having there since it will at grandma and grandpa's house.

True Cindy! It can make planning things hard and to make it worse we just did my hubby's 30th surprise party and I did Italian food since that is his favorite and that was not even 3 weeks ago so that type of stuff is out since the same people will be attending Sunday lol and I don't want them eating the same thing.
I was thinking about that but it can be expensive depending on what I decide on and I want to make sure we have enough food for everyone. I always way over plan lol!

@tlkittycat1968- I totally know what you mean! I have been trying to be good and planning out our meals and only making trips to the store 1 every 2-3 weeks if possible. It's hard especially when DH is on shift every other day.

QTpie2009 responded:
I'm glad you posted this.... I've missed having this on here.

Mon- meatball soup
Tues- Chicken & noodles, mashed potatoes, corn
Wed- Tilapia, sauted veggies, mushroom rice
Thurs- Tortellini spinach salad with grilled chicken
Fri- grocery shopping night- out to eat
Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

jlynnpaine responded:
Monday - Burgers and fries
Tuesday - Chicken wraps with tater tots and veggies
Wednesday - Dinner with my parents
Thursday - I have a doctor's appt, so we'll grab something in the city
Friday - Taco Soup with tortilla chips
Saturday - DH and DD will probably have frozen pizza, I have a baby shower to go to
Sunday - I haven't looked that far ahead on my calendar
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

sarahann1978 responded:
Sunday: super nachos
Monday: Spaghetti with Italian sausage, homemade garlic bread, broccoli
Tuesday: grilled shrimp, potstickers, mac n cheese
Wednesday: minestrone soup with sausage, bread, pumpkin pie
Thursday: Salmon casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, salad
Friday: Not sure, maybe eat out
Sarah (33), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

ffwife23Kt replied to QTpie2009's response:
How do you make your meatball soup?? I have been trying to find a good recipe but haven't come accross anything that even looks tasty. Thanks!!

QTpie2009 replied to ffwife23Kt's response:
Well, I'm not sure what you like but this is the meatball soup I make:
Meatballs, cooked (i mostly make my own but you can use frozen ones)
1 14oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
2 cans low-sod beef broth
1 can canellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C water
1 C fresh mushrooms
1/2 C elbow macaroni
2 C baby spinach

Put tomatoes, beef broth, water, mushrooms and beans in pot and bring to boil. Add macaroni, turn down to low and simmer with lid on until macaroni is tender. Add baby spinach and stir down until it's wilted (about 3 mins). I also freeze this in Ziploc screw-top containers to take for my lunches at work.
Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

ffwife23Kt replied to QTpie2009's response:
Yum!! That sounds awesome and we love all the stuff you have in it! We will for sure try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am married to an incredible man, Dustin and we have a wonderful son Austin who was born in January 2009. I have been coming to the WebMD site since ...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.