Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thanksgiving Menu's/Plans
cyn22mull posted:
So... I thought it would be fun to see what everyone has going on for Thanksgiving and what is on your Thanksgiving menu??

We are having Thanksgiving at my house. This year I am cooking for 12. Inlaws, parents, sister, brother-in-law, and my best friend and her two kids, me, hubby , and DS.

Our menu is way to big and I am sure we will have too much food, but I love Thanksgiving and spending time with my family and friends.
To snack on before the big meal I am making spinach dip, deviled eggs, and a small veggie tray then the big meal is...

Turkey breast (I have 2 but I havent decided if I need both or just one)
Ham
Mac & cheese
Mashed Pots.
Candy sweet pots.
green bean casserole
regular green beans
corn
sausage stuffing (or I guess its dressing cause its outside the bird.)

Then the pies. My mom makes the pies...pumpkin, pecan, apple and she also made a pumpkin roll this year.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Cindy, I want to come to your house on Thursday! I'm the board moderator for the Parenting 4&5 Community and am covering for Amelia while she is out of the office.

The only thing we are having that isn't on your delish menu are crab stuffed mushrooms for appetizers (like they are even needed, right?) I am NOT a cook at all. More of an "assembler". I'm always in charge of the deviled eggs and mushrooms and it makes me seem like I know my way around the kitchen.

When I was growing up, we always had sausage dressing and oyster dressing. In addition to the cornbread stuffing in the bird. And don't forget the gravy..

My mouth is seriously watering thinking about all this.

Who is next?

Haylen
DD 3.5 years old, DD almost 7

jlynnpaine responded:
We're doing an afternoon dinner with the inlaws, then an evening dinner with my parents, brother, and grandparents. For the inlaws, they never want us to bring anything. I'm making a fruit salad and a couple of pumpkin pies to take to my mom and dad's. The menu is pretty much the same at both houses.

Turkey and ham
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Stuffing
Sweet potatoes
Cranberries
Rolls
Deviled eggs
Veggies
An assortment of pies
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Jackie03291 responded:
Yum Cindy! That's sounds delicious!

We are actually going to my FIL and MIL's house for Thanksgiving. I am in charge of bring the green bean casserole and I'm also going to make some muddy buddies as a pre-dinner snack because my FIL LOVES them!

Then we are actually going back up to Maryland for the rest of the weekend. Ava's old daycare provider has been begging us since we moved to let her come up and spend a weekend with them because they missed her. So she is going to spend the weekend with them and my husband and I are going to get a hotel in Annapolis and spend some quality time together!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Jackie03291's response:
Jackie, what in the world are Muddy Buddies? I have to know!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! What did you all end up doing?

My daughter and I went to NYC to visit my sister. We had many interesting adventures, including our Thanksgiving meal of traditional dim sum at a very authentic Chinese restaurant in China Town.

Glad to be back and look forward to hearing from you ladies!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Jackie03291 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Amelia,

Here is the recipe for muddy buddies:

http://chex.com/Recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=45860&CategoryId=340

They are delicious and very easy to make!! Let me know how you like them if you end up making them!!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

Amelia_WebMD_Staff replied to Jackie03291's response:
Thanks, Jackie!

I had no idea that these were muddy buddies?!? My cousin gave this mix out in festive tin cans last winter for the holidays and I literally had to hide mine from the family as if they were thieves!

Can't wait to make them.
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Danielle. My husband and I have been married 8 years and we have a 2 1/2 year old son named Logan. I came to WebMD when he was about 8 mont...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.