Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Black Friday Shopping
cyn22mull posted:
Black Friday Shopping....Are you in or out? If you are in what is your action plan?

I am out! I may be one of the few but I have actually never gone out shopping on black Friday. DH went last year to wal-mart but all the hot items he wanted was already gone, so I doubt he will go out this year.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Semi-in. We don't do the fancy electronics nor go to Wal-Mart but my mom and I do go to one store. They give out snow globes when they open so we go mainly to get the free snow globe. My mom will occasionally do some shopping too but not much.

People think I'm crazy for showing up at a store at 3:30a just to get a snow globe when they open at 4a but I think people are crazy who camp out for days before Black Friday.

magsnemma responded:
I did it for the first time last year. But then I had friends with me. This year no one is around, so I might get up and go in the earlyish morning and see if there are still any good deals going. I'm not getting up at midnight if nobody else is going with me. I don't have the stomach to jostle for stuff.
Ali (34) DH (34) DD (11/08) Emma (8 year-old lab)

Jackie03291 responded:
I have done it on and off over the past couple of years. I am not going this year as we will be on the road heading up to Maryland, but it is always fun to do it when you can.
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

jlynnpaine responded:
I've never gone and have no plans to do so. The nearest stores are an hour and a half drive away from here on good roads. No thanks! I do plan to go online and see if I can find some good deals. I found quite a bit of stuff on Amazon last year.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm so blessed to be a SAHM to my DD (2 & 1/2) and a SAHW to my DH. We just got through potty training and lived! Our DD is adopted and we lov...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.