Skip to content
Extremely active son
QTpie2009 posted:
My DS is 2 1/2 years old and while I understand toddlers are very active I believe he is extremely active. I get this feeling as friends and family who have kids this same age don't deal with the stuff I do. He is an only child. It is just he and I at home in the evenings as his dad works 2nd shift. He is constantly into everything; very curious which is a good thing but he's go, go, go. He'll push a chair up to the stove, I will take it away; then he's dumping the dog's food in their water, I clean that up; then he's running outside in socks in the snow (I am getting a lock to put up high this weekend so he can't do this anymore). I mean these things occur all within in like 1/2 an hour and this goes on all night. Somebody help me.... what can I do to help his overactiveness? Do you think he's bored? Aaahh!
Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sounds like he may be bored or just has extra energy he needs to burn off. Is there a way you can take him outside or even put in some music he can dance to?

jlynnpaine responded:
If you can get him outside during the day when it's warmer so that he can burn some energy, that would be good. Then maybe try to get him engaged in a game or something so that he's not into mischief in the evening.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a wonderful 2 year old boy who loves to drive his momma crazy. I also have an 11 year old step daughter and 13 year old step son. 4 angels in h...More

Helpful Tips

PULLDOWN BURNS
I read almost all of Dr. B. Nazario's articles and one item I see missing is what is known as "Pulldown Burns" among the medical and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful