Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extremely active son
QTpie2009 posted:
My DS is 2 1/2 years old and while I understand toddlers are very active I believe he is extremely active. I get this feeling as friends and family who have kids this same age don't deal with the stuff I do. He is an only child. It is just he and I at home in the evenings as his dad works 2nd shift. He is constantly into everything; very curious which is a good thing but he's go, go, go. He'll push a chair up to the stove, I will take it away; then he's dumping the dog's food in their water, I clean that up; then he's running outside in socks in the snow (I am getting a lock to put up high this weekend so he can't do this anymore). I mean these things occur all within in like 1/2 an hour and this goes on all night. Somebody help me.... what can I do to help his overactiveness? Do you think he's bored? Aaahh!
Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Sounds like he may be bored or just has extra energy he needs to burn off. Is there a way you can take him outside or even put in some music he can dance to?

jlynnpaine responded:
If you can get him outside during the day when it's warmer so that he can burn some energy, that would be good. Then maybe try to get him engaged in a game or something so that he's not into mischief in the evening.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.