Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's Your Holiday Pet Peeve? (Top Ten List)
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
The holidays can be a festive delight, but also wear on all of our patience. Our recent news article states, "In the poll, "having to be nice" ranked among the top 10 things people dread this time of year."

Check the list of America's Top Ten Holiday Pet Peeves with crowds & long lines, gaining weight and getting into debt as the top three winners!

What is your TOP HOLIDAY PET PEEVE as a parent? Do you have any tricks/tips to still enjoying the holidays and bypassing this annoyance?

Looking forward to hearing a needed vent and some pointers!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

jlynnpaine responded:
I'm like the Grinch. I hate this time of year. My biggest pet peeve is all the Christmas music on my radio. Make a special channel for that crap and then anyone who wants to listen to it, can go to that channel. Leave my music alone!
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

tlkittycat1968 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
I so agree regarding the music thing. My regular station started playing Christmas songs 24/7 December first so, needless to say, I don't listen to them during the month of December. I'm sort of okay with the occasional Christmas song but even those tend to annoy me.

jlynnpaine replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Finally! Someone other than DH who doesn't care for Christmas music. My favorite Sirius station has been changed completely to a Christmas channel. What the heck?
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

sarahann1978 responded:
Mine is how early stores and people are making Christmas these days. DO NOT PUT OUT CHRISTMAS STUFF or start playing music until after Thanksgiving. It seemed like this year on Facebook everyone was declaring their homes decorated and shopping complete two to three weeks BEFORE Thanksgiving. Good grief people, too early!

When I was a kid we would actually put our tree up on Christmas Eve and leave it up the twelve days of Christmas until Epiphany. Now it seems with all the pressure of everyone else decorating at Thanksgiving that we do the same and take it down right after Christmas Day.
Sarah (33), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All. My husband and I have been TTC baby # 2 since July 2010 so we are 17 months of trying. I will say it is much easier having my son now. He i...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.