Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yay! (OT)
Jackie03291 posted:
just had to share with you guys, I went to the dr this morning and Ava is going to be a big sister to a little girl! Everything looked good and we are excited!
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby 2 Due 5/6/11

cyn22mull responded:
That is awesome!! Is Ava excited?
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

sarahann1978 responded:
Congrats, how fun!
Sarah (33), DH(30), DS (Jan. 09)

Jackie03291 replied to cyn22mull's response:
Yeah, she is super excited. I wish she understood the concept of time a little better, because she does keep asking when the baby will be here, so it's hard to explain that it will still be about 4 months.
Jackie (26) Bryan (34) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl Due 5/4/11

jlynnpaine responded:
Congratulations! That's so exciting. Shae is always asking me when the baby is coming out too. Between her and DH, the impatience is about to drive me bonkers.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
So behind and soooo excited for you, Ava and the rest of the crew!!!

Congrats on the baby girl!! Any names picked out or will you let Ava name "her baby"?

((HUGS))
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Jackie03291 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
No, we can't seem to agree on any names just yet. If Ava had her way she would name the baby Harrison, but that is because when she was in daycare there was a little baby named Harrison that she LOVED and now every babydoll that she has is named Harrison and whenever I ask her what we should name her new SISTER she says Harrison! LOL So I don't think that we will take her opinion into consideration too much as we try to come up with a name we all like!

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
Hahaha! Love that she names all her babies Harrison. So cute. We are struggling with names too. It was so easy last time but this time around we can't agree on anything that we both love.

Jackie03291 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Yeah, we just can't seem to agree on anything! I came up with a list of 25 names that I liked and my husband said that he only semi-liked 2 of them and of course those 2 were ones that are definitely at the bottom of my list, so who knows which way we will go. He is not really offering up any suggestions, so I may just have to use my mommy veto power eventually!

Off of my list, Ava said she liked the name Violet, but part of me wonders if that is because it was last on my list because it was alphabetical and ends in "V", so it might have been the only one she could remember by the time I was done reading it! LOL

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
Hahaha! My DH wouldn't even discuss it with me for the longest time. He was set on a name and didn't want to even listen to any other ideas. Jerk. Now, after telling him how pissed off I was, he's at least willing to discuss it. I think we may be able to compromise by choosing a first name he loves and I like and a middle name I love and he doesn't hate. I like the idea of mommy veto power though.

So cute about Ava. She was probably like, "Dang Mom, after that, I'm lucky I can remember my own name! I pick Violet. Didn't you say Violet was on there?"

tlkittycat1968 replied to Jackie03291's response:
A former co-worker's daughter had just seen "Bambi" and wanted to name her new brother "Thumper." Needless to say, it was vetoed.

jlynnpaine replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Hahaha!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a Mom(30) of one DD (11/16/07) living in Southeast Missouri. DH (37)is a farmer and website guru; I work full time for a large insurance compa...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.