Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 2yo wakes up at 2am
JordynsMomma posted:
My 2 year old has been waking up at 2am for a while now and I cant get her to go back to sleep in her bed. She has been in a toddler bed for over a year since she started climbing out of her crib before her 1st birthday. Every night at 2 she wakes up and screams and cries for me (mommy) over and over. Ive tried to let her cry herself back to sleep (the tough love method) and that doesnt work (and makes me feel bad) the only solution that i have found that works is bringing her to my bed. is there a reason she would be doing this? she was never really a good sleeper in her crib. she goes to bed easy around 9pm after a bath but likes to be cuddled. anything will help!! please i need some suggestions!!

jlynnpaine responded:
Can you just go in and rub her back for a few minutes to soothe her and then go back out? Does it seem like she's really awake or could they be night terrors?
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

JordynsMomma replied to jlynnpaine's response:
most of the time she is wide awake sitting on her bed screaming for "mommy". i have tried rubbing her back and such, but 5 min after i leave her room she starts screaming again ...

jlynnpaine replied to JordynsMomma's response:
Have you tried waiting it out to see how long she cries for? My DD used to cry when I'd leave the room but if I gave her a few minutes, she'd settle down and go back to sleep.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

tink0509 responded:
have you tried to play her music? my daughter use to wake up in the middle of the night crying and when given her cup she didnt go back to sleep so i turned on a music box and she went right back to sleep. now when ever she wakes up i just give her a cup and she goes back to sleep. she still sleeps in my room but in her own bed.

Spotlight: Member Stories

KC~ lucky SAHM to DD1 (8--2nd grade), DS (5--Kindergarten) and DD2 (2.5).

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.