Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! Need advice on an injury.
MrsMaples2008 posted:
My 28mo old fell about oh, let's say an hour ago off of my computer chair and it looked like he might've just ran over his finger, so I thought nothing serious of t', but now it's pretty swollen and red, and it feels like the knuckle down towards his metacarpals (HAND hand) is swollen and out-of-place. I tried calling the on-post ER here and they told me the usual "blahh blah blah can't give advice over the phone". Should I just bring him in to the Hospital and have him looked at, or wait it out over night and see how or looks tomorrow? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mrs Maples,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son and hope that he is doing okay. Please keep us posted and never hesitate to see your pediatrician or take him to the ER if you are concerned.

Looking forward to hearing back!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Laramie, I'm 27 and live in Rochester, NY. I'm happily married to my wonderful husband and I'm a SAHM to our two children. Aust...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.