Skip to content
Feberal Seizures
patyl posted:
Does anyone have experience of these and if so what age is there child,did they stop as they grew older ?
My doctor is recommending phenobarbital for her to prevent them, am concerned to give her but dont want her to keep having them obviously. Less than 12 months she had 4 but less than a minute each so apparantley not the serious type!|
help!

sdadkin responded:
I don't really have any experience with them but when my brother was 2 he had one. He never had another one after that and he is 22 years old now. They are pretty scary. I hope you never have to experience another one with your child!
Me 26, SO 26, DS1 (7/22/09), DS2 (5/03/11)

mazroo responded:
hi, my son was 2yrs old when he had his first one,, and it is not a nice exprience at all.. so i know where your coming from... he would always get a fever when he was sick,, so since that i made sure i keep an eye on his temp when he was sick to prevent another one happening.,. it went well but when he was 4yrs old he had another one,, which i was very shocked about..i always made sure to keep control on the temp with fever medication on a regular basis when he was sick.. my son is 9yrs now and he hasnt had one since,, my doctor told me they usually grow out of them when there 6yrs,, i never recieved treatment for him or was offered treatment,, i hope this info was a bit helpfull for you,

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am Emily, Mama to Ella Raegan and Lucas Ryan! Ella was born on our four year anniversary, May 17, 2007 and is my little fire cracker! Lucas w...More

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.