Feberal Seizures
patyl posted:
Does anyone have experience of these and if so what age is there child,did they stop as they grew older ?
My doctor is recommending phenobarbital for her to prevent them, am concerned to give her but dont want her to keep having them obviously. Less than 12 months she had 4 but less than a minute each so apparantley not the serious type!|
sdadkin responded:
I don't really have any experience with them but when my brother was 2 he had one. He never had another one after that and he is 22 years old now. They are pretty scary. I hope you never have to experience another one with your child!
Me 26, SO 26, DS1 (7/22/09), DS2 (5/03/11)
mazroo responded:
hi, my son was 2yrs old when he had his first one,, and it is not a nice exprience at all.. so i know where your coming from... he would always get a fever when he was sick,, so since that i made sure i keep an eye on his temp when he was sick to prevent another one happening.,. it went well but when he was 4yrs old he had another one,, which i was very shocked about..i always made sure to keep control on the temp with fever medication on a regular basis when he was sick.. my son is 9yrs now and he hasnt had one since,, my doctor told me they usually grow out of them when there 6yrs,, i never recieved treatment for him or was offered treatment,, i hope this info was a bit helpfull for you,