Skip to content
help me!
helpthebaby posted:
so my 3 year old doesnt want to eat very well and has had diarrhea for 3days now and pepto isint working well a small amout anyway what do i try ? hes not even fuzzy at all just looks a little weak getting verry worried but dont wanna exaagerate

jlynnpaine responded:
I've read to give them yogurt. The probiotics in yogurt help settle the stomach down. I wouldn't worry if he's not wanting to eat. Just offer stuff that is fairly bland (toast, rice, fruit, etc) and if he's hungry he will eat. Make sure he's getting enough fluids, you don't want him to get dehydrated. If the diarrhea continues, I'd call his pediatrician just in case they think he should be seen. Hope he feels better soon.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi helpthebaby!

I'm sorry to hear about your little one and hope that you call your pediatrician asap. This article does state that, "Everyday things such as food, medication, or stress can cause diarrhea. However, diarrhea sometimes may signal an underlying medical condition."

What concerns me is that this has been going on for 3 days and your little one may be sick and is more likely for dehydration. Please check out this Overview , especially the last page for caring for your child and call your doctor.

Wishing for a healthier, happier week!
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 30 and have been married to my husband for 8 years. We have 2 daughters. Our oldest is 5 and the youngest is 2. We enjoy spending time playing ou...More

Helpful Tips

tips please toddler refuses to sleep in his crib....
how can I put my 1 and a half to sleep in his crib the whole night ?? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.