Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1st time at the denist
BNWilson3 posted:
When did you first take your child to the dentist? My daughter will be 2 in April and she has a lot of teeth. We brush her teeth every night before bed but haven't yet took her to the dentist. Thanks

cyn22mull responded:
Sorry if this shows twice!! I got an error the first time I tried!

We took DS back in October and he is 3. They took his picture in the big chair, let him hold all of the "tools", did a quick count of his teeth and they brushed them. Then the dentist came over and did a quick check, but by this time he was done and was starting to tear up.

He goes back in April and they will try to do x-rays and another brushing and check of his teeth.

We did decide to go with a piedatric dentist.
Cindy(35) DH (39) DS Christopher 3 29lbs 33inches at 3 yr check up.

jlynnpaine responded:
I'd read that they should be seen some time after they get their first teeth, so we took DD just before she turned a year old and then have taken her every six months since then. We also use a pediatric dentist and they are fantastic with her. For now, they just check them out and brush on fluoride and for her personally, the dentist is helping us to handle her finger sucking and keeps us appraised of any changes to her mouth that is related to that. When she was little, she cried when we had to lay her back. Now, she's does great and talks about the dentist at home all the time. Our dentist has a tv above the chair so that when they're reclined back, they can watch a movie while he's looking at their teeth and in general, they're just super good with kids. I highly recommend using a pediatric dentist if you have access to one. Good luck!
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

QTpie2009 responded:
I just got my teeth cleaned in December and asked my hygienist when I should bring my DS in for his first check up. She said they like them to be around 3 or 4. I'm sure every dentist is different especially if you go to a pediatric dentist. So, I will be taking him this summer after he turns 3.
Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a stay at home mommy, to Loralei who is two years old. In my spare time, if there is any, I love to crochet, scrapbook and draw.

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.