Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 1/2 year old temporarily loses control of right side
wardcaro posted:
Our 32 month old son seems to temporarily lose strength/control on his right side. The episodes last about 10 seconds He seems disoriented and dizzy. This has happened 4 times in the last month that we know of. We took him to his pediatrician and she checked all of his reflexes, motor skills etc. and everything was perfect. She recommended monitoring him closely for now rather than a MRI because he would have to be sedated for that. That was 2 weeks ago and no episodes until today. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi ward,

I'm so sorry for the late response and your concern. Please, keep us posted on how things are going with your son. If you haven't seen a medical professional about these symptoms, please do immediately seek a doctor's evaluation.

While I haven't found any information towards this, why take a chance with your son? Seek a medical professional for help.

Take care,
Amelia
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Susan, mommy to beautiful boy/girl twins Matthew and Alexis, born 6/9/09 and handsome Austin born 5/04/07. My DH and I have been married since Ju...More

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.