Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

2 1/2 year old temporarily loses control of right side
    wardcaro posted:
    Our 32 month old son seems to temporarily lose strength/control on his right side. The episodes last about 10 seconds He seems disoriented and dizzy. This has happened 4 times in the last month that we know of. We took him to his pediatrician and she checked all of his reflexes, motor skills etc. and everything was perfect. She recommended monitoring him closely for now rather than a MRI because he would have to be sedated for that. That was 2 weeks ago and no episodes until today. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi ward,

I'm so sorry for the late response and your concern. Please, keep us posted on how things are going with your son. If you haven't seen a medical professional about these symptoms, please do immediately seek a doctor's evaluation.

While I haven't found any information towards this, why take a chance with your son? Seek a medical professional for help.

Take care,
    Amelia
    Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Courtney, and I'm a 33 year old mother of a beautiful little lady born 9/08 and a handsome little guy born 5/10 and wife to a wonderful ma...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
    Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    15 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.