Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 Year old
Paulsmommy2012 posted:
Hello all. I am worried that my child isnt getting the nutrients he need to be healthy. I guess I am focusing on the fact that no child in my family has been as thin as he is. He eats his fruits and veggies, also takes vitamins. Yet, he remains thin. I even try to give him extra food, but no weight gain. He is very active, so of course I blamed his metabolism. I have tried ALMOST everything I thought I should try. Any suggestions?

jlynnpaine responded:
Is his pediatrician concerned about his weight? Is he way below average for weight? As long as he's eating a variety of foods and getting multivitamin, I'm sure he's fine. At this age, their weight gain really slows down. Just make sure you're offering healthy meals and snacks. If he's hungry, he'll eat.
Jodi (27) DH (24) Shaelynn (2)

tlkittycat1968 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
DS has always been in the 25% or below for weight and the 75% or higher for height. The doctor has never been worried as long as he was on the growth curve and did not suddenly to way up or way down on the percentiles.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Amie- a 29 year old Registered Dental Hygienist, mom to a beautiful, spirited 2 year old little girl Hayden, Wife to a 28 year old Credit Unio...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.