Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Two Year Old holding urine?
An_244171 posted:
So my son is two, and I've been trying to work on the potty skills with him. He has his own potty, and he hasn't cried in months since first getting acquainted with the potty. He used to have a tremendous fear of water, but everyone in out family and at his daycare worked together and now he loves water.

I say all that because recently, both his grandmother and two daycare teachers have told me he is holding his urine. I put him to bed dry around 8:30pm, he wakes up dry at 7:00 AM. I put him on the potty but he won't use it. I take him to daycare at 8, but he won't pee until 10 or 10:30 there---and when he does, it's a LOT of pee. This has been in the span of a month or so. He isn't showing any discomfort and pees pretty liberally here at home but I have noticed him holding it in the mornings with me so I know he is holding it sometimes. he's been to the doctor since the first occurence and it seemed like a fluke, but he's done it since then and now I'm not sure if this is just an aversion to potty training or a sign of a serious medical condition. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years old and have been married to my hubby for 5 years. He's 27 and we have an adorable two year old together named Jaeden. My husband is...More

Helpful Tips

Potty Training Advice
For those of you potty training, when you send your kids to school/daycare/or even in the car where you keep your change of clothes, make ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.