Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

My 2 year old Daughter.. Need advice?? has anyone gone thru it??
    Mommyof3Dowdy posted:
    My two year old has had a constent fever for 3 days know & vomiting.. She cant keep no meds down the tylenol, ibprofen, & antibiotic.. The doctor thinks.. I am crazy.. How is she suppose to get better if she cant keep the meds down.. I am worried cause she is not eating or barely drinking.. IDK what to do??

QTpie2009 responded:
    Aww, poor baby. Is her fever staying high or has it gone down some since the start of her sickness? If it's staying high I would take her to urgent care or the ER. I would make sure she is getting something to drink that is high in electrolytes such as Pedialyte or even Gatorade. Make sure she is just sipping it a little at a time. Also have her eat popsicles. That will keep her hydrated but she's just getting a little liquid at a time. As for the eating, my pediatrician doesn't seem concerned about my DS' appetite when he's sick. She just wants to make sure he's hydrated. She says his appetite will come back with time. Try having her eat toast or crackers.
    Me (28), DH (31), Kayden Riley born 06/09/09

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I am an Early Childhood Special Ed teacher. I have a DD who is 3 and has severe food allergies and a DS who is 5 months old. I like ho...More

Helpful Tips

2 1/2 yr old Will Not Eat Regular Food
    My 2 1/2 yr old grandson will not eat regular food for lunch or diner. He only wants baby food. We have tried puree the food, putting it in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.