Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
2 year old milestones?
mikimom2010 posted:
My LO just made 2yrs old on 03/18. She has never been in daycare or any type of schooling but absolutely loves being around children. She communicates anywhere between 25-50 words. She sings her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (from beginning to end), her numbers 1-10 and about 3 children church songs. She seems to be learning new phrases daily,I guess just picking them up? Yesterday after I gave her a new toy she said "Mommie I'm so happy!", She ALWAYS says pwease,thank you, and you're welcome, and God Bless you after someone sneezes (which just melts my heart) I guess I should stop gushing and get to the point. Just wondering what's going on in the world of other 2 yr olds since I don't really have any other 2 yr olds around to compare. Wondering if she is where she should be. I really want to put her in school but her father is about 85% against it since we're still working on potty training. She is about 80% there, she very rarely has accidents in big girl panties, but I'm always asking her is she has to go. She'll tell me on her own about half of the time. So ladies (and maybe even gents)..how's it looking??

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Your daughter sounds like mine. DD talks up a storm, can sing her ABCs, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, can count to 10 in English and Spanish and just started singing Rock a Bye Baby recently. She also says please, thank you and Bless You when someone sneezes. She's not potty-trained yet but is getting ready since she told me yesterday she had a dirty diaper ((s)tinkies).

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with one dd named Olivia Grace she is 2 years. I have been married since 9/4/11, but we have been together since 2002. We are by all...More

Helpful Tips

Milk
Has your little one decided to boycott milk? If so, dont "sugar coat" it with strawberry or chocolate. Try adding a small amount of vanilla ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.