Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
O.T. Birthday party for younger brother...
sdadkin posted:
I have a 2 year old, but this is about the first birthday party for his younger brother. This community is much more active than the others.

We have decided to do his birthday party in Dr Seuss at one of our local parks. We found some really cute party stuff at birthdayexpress.com. I know I want to do his cake shaped like the hat from Cat In The Hat. And I know I want to put Dr Seuss books in each of the treat bags. Other than that I need some help! Anybody got any ideas about decorations, games, food, etc.? I found a pic online of an oreo and red gummy life savers shaped to look like the hat also. And we found him a 1st birthday shirt on another website with the Cat In The Hat on it and we added his name to it. It's really cute.
Me 26, SO 26, DS1 (7/22/09), DS2 (5/03/11)

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi sdadkin -

Dr. Seuss sounds fun! You will have to post pics, can't wait to see the cake and shirt.
A friend of ours had a party and used these. She made signs copied out of books for signs at each game or station.

Use a Dr. Suess book for guests to write bday greetings in. Have a sign that says "Wait! Stop! Take a look! Grab a pen and open the book! Leave a birthday wish or just say "Hi" to the birthday the birthday guy."

Signs directing guests "To There" "To Here"...

Games - Put the Fish back in the bowl. Ring the Gack. Hop on Pop, hopping game or bounce house.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 22 years old and i have a 23 month old little boy. He is the light of my life.

Helpful Tips

i agree with kittykatk8
resetting should help. i do the same thing with potty training. i would get my little girl up abpout every 3-4 hrs and make her go and she ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.